NewsSplash June 29, 2017
June 29, 2017
There is a lot of information in this NewsSplash, but please read it through until the end!
In this NewsSplash:
- Fall Swim
- Upcoming Open Board Positions
- July 3rd Torchlight Parade
- League Meet
- Upcoming Deadlines
- 9/10 Outing
- As returning Stingrays know, Fall Swim is a continuation of swim practice past the regular season. It is designed to further the development of stroke and turn techniques and improve conditioning. In years past, Fall Swim took place after school during the months of September and October. This year, James Lemos pool will be closing at the end of September for renovations so we will have a modified Fall Swim program this year.
- Fall Swim will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from September 5th through September 27th. As Fall Swim will be shortened by one month, the cost per swimmer will be decreased accordingly.
- If you are interested in Fall Swim, please give a check for $100 to Coach Steve by Friday, July 28th (the day before League Meet). Normally Fall Swim is $200 per swimmer. If you pay for Fall Swim after July 28th, it will be $140 per swimmer. Save money and sign up early!!!
- There is a minimum number of swimmers that must sign up for Fall Swim or the program may go forward.
Upcoming Open Board Positions
- There will be at least 2 open board positions next year. Volunteering to be on the board means you will have a say in how the Stingrays program is run. It will also cover your volunteer requirements for the year (no more timing under the hot sun!). In addition to your board position requirements, board members meet one evening per month for about one hour.
- The two positions that will be open are Vice President and League Representative.
- If you are interested in serving on the board please let us know. We can connect you with the current Vice President and League Rep so you can discuss the ins and outs of the job.
July 3rd Torchlight Parade
- Come down on July 3rd to join the Stingrays in the Torchlight Parade on First Street. Families wishing to participate should meet by Sailor Jack’s no later than 5:30 PM.
- The first ten swimmers to arrive can ride on the float (which won first place last year!!!) and any additional swimmers can walk alongside the float and represent the team. Please have swimmers wear their red team shirts and, if you have a lei, have them wear a lei as well.
- Parents are encouraged to walk with the team float in the parade. Wear team shirts and a lei if you have one! If kids are participating in the parade without their parents, they should be picked up immediately at the end of the parade route. There will be no supervision of children once the float reaches the end of the route.
- League Meet is our most important meet of the year. It is a one day, all day meet that involves all of the teams in our league. It is critical that we get as many Stingrays signed up as possible to increase our chances of winning League.
- The week before League Meet, practice will focus on those swimmers signed up to compete at League. If your swimmer is not competing at League Meet, they are not required to come to practice.
- The East County Invitational (ECI) is on July 8th and 9th at Freedom High School in Oakley. The registration deadline is firm and is this Friday, June 30th. Click here for the registration form. Turn in your registration check and form at the pool in the clear Tupperware with a white lid.
- Away Meet vs Vista Diabo is on Wednesday, July 12th. Registration deadline is Wednesday, July 5th. Don’t forget to confirm your swimmer on the Stingrays website.
- Monday July 10th: All 9/10’s can meet at Round 1 Arcade in Sunvalley Mall to play games and hang out at 1:00 PM!