NewsSplash July 16, 2017
July 16, 2017
In this NewsSplash:
- Family Fun Night
- Age Group Outings
- Fall Swim Reminder
- Spirit Week
- Open Board Positions for Next Year
- League Meet Reminder
Family Fun Night
- Family Fun Night is next Sunday, July 23rd from 5:30-7:30 at the James Lemos Pool. Come join Stingray families for a night of music, water games, pizza, and lots of smiles and laughs. The entire family is invited to partake in the fun, so please save the date!
- Pizza will be available for $2.00 a slice, beverages for $1.00 each, and fruit pops for $1.00 each (cash only please)
Age Group Outings
- Come join your fellow age group Stingrays for a fun afternoon of bowling at Paddock Bowl at 5915 Pacheco Boulevard in Martinez. These outings are informal, so no need to sign up in advance--just enjoy bowling with your teammates who show up! Bring cash to cover your games/expenses.
- 11-12 age group outing: Monday, July 17th at 1:00
- 13 and up age group outing: Monday, July 24th at 2:00
Fall Swim Reminder
- Don’t forget to register for Fall Swim! Fall Swim will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays for the month of September. 10 and Unders will swim from 4-5 and 11 and ups will swim from 5-6. Registration is $100 per swimmer if payment is made before Friday, July 28th. Registration will be $140 if payment is made after July 28th. Make checks payable to Benicia Stingrays, with Fall Swim in the memo, and give payment to Coach Steve.
Spirit Week will be the week of July 24th through July 28th.
- Monday, July 24th - Water Games. Coaches will decide on fun water games that will also help prepare swimmers for League.
- Tuesday, July 25th - T-Shirt Decoration. Bring a blank shirt to practice and decorate it for League Meet.
- Wednesday, July 26th - PJs and Donuts. Wear your PJs over your swim suits and enjoy a donut after practice.
- Thursday, July 27th - Coaches Appreciation Day. This is a great time to thank your coaches for all they have done throughout the season. Make a special card or spoil them with a little gift of appreciation.
- Friday, July 28th - Car and Banner Decoration. Show your team spirit by decorating your car and signing the Stingray Banner. The banner will be displayed at our camp area at League. Please be sure to clean your windows prior to practice!
Open Board Positions for Next Year
- There will be at least two open board positions next year--Vice President and League Representative
- Volunteering on the board is a great way to help guide how the Stingrays swim team is run and it will cover your volunteer requirements for the year. In addition to your board position requirements, board members meet one evening per month for about one hour.
- If you are interested in learning more about either position, please let us know so that we can connect you with the current Vice President and/or Leage Representative to discuss the ins and outs of the jobs.
League Meet Reminder
- League Meet is our most important meet of the year--it's a one day, all day meet that involves all of the teams in our league. It is critical that we get as many Stingrays signed up as possible to increase our chances of winning league.
- The week before Leage Meet, practice will focus on those swimmers signed up to compete at League. If your swimmer is not competing at League Meet, they are not required to come to practice.