Folsom Meet Info
April 18, 2018
I am looking forward to the Folsom meet! It looks like we will have some great weather. Here is some important information for the meet:
- I will be at both sessions on Saturday and Sunday. Coach Emma will also be at the meet.
- Warm-ups for 13-and-over swimmers will begin at 7 AM on both days. Please arrive at the pool no later than 6:40 AM, so the swimmers can get in right when warm-up starts.
- The tentative timeline shows that 12-and-under swimmers will start warm-up at 12:45 PM on Saturday and 12:15 PM on Sunday. Please plan to arrive by 12:25 PM on Saturday and 11:55 AM on Sunday.
- Heats will start from both sides of the pool. Odd heats and 50s will go from the scoreboard end; even will be on the opposite side.They will also be using “chase starts” — this means they will start the next heat when the heat prior still has roughly 15-20 meters left in their race. This helps speed up the meet. If this is your child’s first long course meet, the coaches will explain how this works. Just remind your child that this is a big meet with a lot of swimmers. He/she needs to be paying attention, so they do not miss his/her event.
- RENO has been assigned timing chairs/officials for this meet. Click here to volunteer. Thank you to Teri Galvin for setting up the sign-up sheet.
- We will have our RENO tent for the swimmers to hangout under. Thank you to Russ Holinger and Scott McLean for transporting/set-up of the tent.
- Thank you to all who RSVPed for the team dinner on Saturday night. The dinner will take place at 6:30 PM at Skipolini’s Pizza in Folsom (191 Blue Ravine Road, Folsom, CA 95630). A big thanks to John Aramini for setting up the dinner.
- The Sierra Marlins have put together a great website full of information. It has the estimated timeline, psych sheet, and other important information. Click here to take a look.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.