June 23, 2018
Hopefully everyone is finding a way to stay cool with all of this hot weather! For those families participating in next weekend's Battle of the Ages meet, please read below for important information. Please note that as this is an invitational, a meet sheet will not be sent out in advance of the event. A meet program can be purchased at Battle of the Ages for $7 on both Saturday and Sunday.
- LOCATION: Pleasant Hill Education Center Swimming Pool, 1 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
- TEAM AREA: Every team participating in Battle of the Ages is assigned a team area in a hallway. The Stingrays assigned location is between the 100 and 200 wing buildings. See the Battle of the Ages map for the layout of the meet. The campus will be open for set-up at 5pm on Friday. NOTE: If tents, chairs or other personal belongings are left overnight, the Pleasant Hill Dolfins Swim Team and other affiliated agencies are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- PARKING: General
Parking is in the main school lot, on the street at the front of
the school, and in the Pleasant Oaks Park across the street
from the school. VIP parking is available! These
parking passes are $20 per day and will allow you unlimited
access to the parking lot throughout the meet. Order your
pass online at the Square market: https://squareup.com/
market/phd-parents-club. You will be sent an email confirming your order that you will bring to the meet to check in at the VIP parking lot.
- WARM UPS: Warm ups will take place from 7:30-8:45 and Benicia will be warming up in lane 8. Please click on the following link for complete warm up information: Battle of the Ages Warm Ups
- CLERK OF THE COURSE: All swimmers must check-in at Clerk of the Course before their race. The last call is usually 20-30 minutes before the event. Be sure to listen for Clerk announcements over the PA system or on the twitter feed. The area in Clerk of the Course and immediately around the pool is a secure area – only competing swimmers, coaches and officials will be allowed in this area.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Results will be posted outside the North entrance to the pool. They will also be posted on Meet Mobile. For up-to-the-minute announcements and calls to the clerk of the course, follow @phdolfins on Twitter. Go to Battle Headquarters on the grass next to the Snack Shack if you would like to purchase a meet program ($7) or if you have any general questions.
- VENDOR FAIR: There will be over over 10 vendors next to the Clerk of the Course. Making Waves swim shop of Walnut Creek (both days) and Jolyn Swimwear (Sunday only) will be on the grass next to the snack shack. Also, visit Auntie Viv's Shave Ice booth for a nice, cool refreshing treat.
- SNACK SHACK: A snack shack offering a delicious menu with many healthy choices will be available. Please see the menu in the meet program.
- POP UP AWARDS: All swimmers who pop their time can visit Battle HQ for a treat!
- RAFFLE: Be sure to visit the raffle table next to Battle HQ. This year there will be a $500 Amazon gift card Grand Prize. Tickets are $2 each, 3 for $5 or $20 for a wingspan and will be available at Battle HQ and at a bargain price on Friday 4-7pm: Buy a program and 3 tickets for $10.
- T-SHIRTS: Custom event t-shirts will be available at the meet outside the entrance closest to the VIP parking lot by GIC Graphic Wear, the on-location screen printing specialist.
Saturday, June 30th
- Clerk of the Course
- 12:30-2:30: Jones family
- 2:30-4:30: Ambrose family
Sunday, July 1st
- Timers (3 per shift)
- Tenret family
- Iniguez family*
- Magno family
- Smith-Rambo family
- Scott family*
- Randolph family
- Crawford family
- Rodriguez family
- Sauter family*
- 2:45-end of meet
- Barton family
- McGuire family*
- Fade family
- Smith family