July 19, 2018
NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY CONGRESS
WATER POLO RULES
In accordance with FINA Rule C 15.9, the FINA Bureau has determined that an Extraordinary Meeting of a Congress shall be held on 10th December 2018 at the InterContinenral Hotel - Convention Centre in Hangzhou (CHN) starting at 10:00 hours.
No subject shall be discussed at this special meeting other than the matters included in the Agenda below:
1. Declaration of quorum (Quorum shall be 20 Member Federations)
2. Welcome to Delegates by the FINA President
3. Introduction of the Head Table
4. Water Polo Rules proposals ( click here to read proposed Technical Rules amendments )
5. Conclusions of the Congress’ decisions
* Note: Following the FINA Water Polo Conference in Budapest in April 2018, the FINA TWPC has proposed the attached rules amendments to be tested in the following events:
• FINA World Men's Youth WP Championships: 11 – 18 August 2018 - Szombathely (HUN);
• FINA World Women's Youth Water Polo Championships - August 27-September 2, 2018 - Belgrade (SRB);
• FINA Women's World Cup - September 4-9, 2018 - Surgut (RUS);
• FINA Men's World Cup - September 11-16, 2018 - Berlin (GER).
Once the test events are finalised, the FINA TWPC will recommend the rules to be put forward for FINA Bureau’s consideration, after which these will be presented to the National Federations no later than 10th October 2018.
Simultaneous translation will be provided in English, French and Spanish.
All Members of FINA are hereby invited to attend this FINA Extraordinary Congress. According to the FINA Rule C 15.2.1, each FINA Member Federation may appoint up to two (2) Delegates using the form attached. It is also mandatory that the same delegates are registered for the Congress via the FINA GMS on https://data.fina.org using your usual login details.
The registration deadline to return the nomination form and fully submitted registration in the GMS is 31st October 2018. Should you require any assistance with the GMS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org All FINA Member Federations are invited in Hangzhou for taking part at the FINA World Aquatics Convention and FINA World Swimming Championships (25m).
For all those delegates to be appointed in addition to the quota covered by FINA, the respective NF should provide all the expenses such as travel, accommodation, meals, and others.
For any further information or assistance you may need, please contact the FINA Office in Lausanne (SUI).