AquaTex Waterpolo is making some exciting
Beginning this fall we are deepening our partnership with
Longhorn Aquatics to create a unified training plan, and a new
Select team for high school athletes. The highlights of these
- Beginning the week of August 27, AquaTex practice times at
Micki are changing to Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Longhorn Select will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays at UT.
Athletes age 14+ will be chosen by invitation.
- Select Team athletes will be required to join Longhorn in
addition to AquaTex, but are required to continue training with
AquaTex. The Select Team is an extension of AquaTex programming,
not a replacement.
- The addtional fee for participating with the Select Team is
- For all local competition, such as the Lone Star League, we
will proudly continue to compete as AquaTex. For all USA Water Polo
"travel" tournaments, all age groups, we will compete as
- Under the leadership of Longhorn Technical Director, Allie
Hill, we will unify our strategic and technical training plans.
Athletes who practice at Micki and at Longhorn will be trained in
the same techniqes and tactics.
- High school athletes are absolutely welcome to continue
training with AquaTex only.
- Monthly fees for AquaTex Waterpolo are unchanged.
This is a significant improvement in how we train our athletes
for the club and for the region in general. There is far greater
agreeement among AQTX and Longhorn leadership about preparing our
athletes to compete at a much higher level locally and throughout
the US. We are preparing out players to be the best they can be at
the high school and college level.
More to come but we're excited to make this announcment and
continue to appreciate the support of all our members.