Weekly news updates
September 7, 2018
Your CAST News:
F.I.R.S.T Meet Saturday September 22nd
- For any swimmers who haven't been in a USA sanctioned meet yet (the summer-special meets are not sanctioned meets)
- We encourage you to sign up for the Sept 22nd FIRST meet. [Must be a USA swimming registered swimmer]
- Space is limited - we have 4 spaces left - go online HERE click on the attend/decline button in the right corner, click on your swimmer's name, select yes or no and then click "save changes".
- Questions: email coach Dave email@example.com
- WHY sign
- It's a great introduction to what a swim meet is like.
- It's only freestyle (50 and 100 for 9 and olders, a 25 is offered for 8 & u's).
- There is a swimmer education segment and a parent education segment before the meet.
- It's free! YAAAY!!!
USA swimming registration
kinds of membership now.
- Flex membership
- First time registrants only
- It allows you to swim for a year and compete in up to 2 non-championship meets.
- If you continue, you must upgrade to a regular membership prior to your 3rd meet or a championship level meet.
- Perfect for those who want to try swim for 3-4 months in between other school sports.
- Regular membership
- Normal membership but is discounted greatly
for swimmers who
- Need to be lower income qualifying for free school lunch program.
- Normal membership but is discounted greatly for swimmers who qualify
- Flex membership
- All 3 forms can be found HERE on our CAST website.
- Remember if you were a "summer special" swimmer, your registration was a seasonal membership only, and is now expired. You now need to renew your membership.
- Current list of CAST USA swimmer registration is HERE .
Freestyle festival Saturday Sept 29th
- Definitely for all swimmers who've been in meets before.
- For those who haven't been in a meet - double check with your coach but in general if you've been on the team for more than a month this meet is a good one for you.
- Fees are $5 surcharge + $4.50 / event
- You just need to commit to the meet and your coach will then pick your events and your account will be charged.
sure you commit by the
Annual CAST Banquet September 30th
- ATTENTION: DATE
- It was brought to the board and coaches attention that there is a large dance recital event going on the same time we had previously scheduled our banquet.
- It means the courtyard, banquet room and theater would be full of dancers.
- So we opted to bump it up a week to September 30th. 4-7 pm.
- Cost is $10/person (eating)
- $2/ person if not eating
- There will be a sign up page on our website by Friday night (9/7).
- All swimmers and family members are encouraged to attend.
- Come for food / fun / raffles / giveaways / awards and just to see howawesome our CAST kids are!
- Please bring Coach Dave
your photos and videos from the past year.
- He is starting to work on banquet video stuff.
- Files can be put on cd's/ DVD's' /flash drives or memory cards.
That is all for now.
Have a great weekend.