October 16, 2018
AZOT swimmers rock first SCY meet of the season with fast swims and strong leadership!
Aquazots kicked off the 2018-2019 short-course season with great racing during the first BRW meet of the season, hosted by Seal Beach Swim Club at Los Alamitos High School. This was also our annual mentor meet, where our older and more experienced swimmers were able to show the ropes to their younger teammates. Our mentors, some as young as 12 years old, came from Senior and Azot 3 groups and showed their leadership skills to the fullest. They did an outstanding job helping the novices to prepare for and swim their events. Despite rainy and cold weather conditions during the weekend everyone had a great time and left with a smile on their face. It was definitely a great experience for all of our swimmers!
AZOT swimmers went home with personal best times and Winter Age Group qualifying times. Way to start the season AZOT!
Overall as a team, we did FANTASTIC! ZOT GROUPS, swam lights out, AWESOME! We are so proud of all the swimmers and the hard work they’ve put in thus far.
Below are some ZOT GROUPS highlights from the weekend.
- Taylor Alva
- Brooklyn Tennant
- Blair Tennant
- Tatum Tran
- Grace Baek
- Harrison Gu
- Haylee Pramono
- Jacob Rodriguez -19.03 sec in 100 im, -14.53 100 free, -21.51 in 50 fly
- Rebecca Lowengrub -16.29 50 back
- Zaid Muhkliss -9.42 100 free
- Collin Pajer -16.53 25 free
- Sophia Ali: 5-6 50 brst
- Kellen Nguyen 5-6 50 free, 100 free, 25 back, 50 brst
- Collin Pajer 5-6 25 free
- Matthew Chiang 7-8 50 fly
- Kyle Chuang 7-8 25 brat, 50 back, 25 fly50 brst
- Zaid Mukhliss 7-8 50 free, 7-8 25 fly, 7-8 25 free
- Haylee Pramono 7-8 50 free, 25 fly
- Amy Robles 5-6 25 free
- Jacob Rodriguez, 7-8 25 brst
- Brooklyn Tennant 7-8 50 brst
- Tatum Tran 7-8 25 brst, 25 free
- Brandon Yu 7-8 100 IM, 50 back, 50 free
- Joseph Baek 7-8 100 IM, 50 back, 25 back
- Morgan Vu 7-8 50 brst
- Summer Shaves
- Taryn Nguyen
- Kyle Chuang
- Megan Han
- Zaid Mukhliss
- Jacob Rodriguez
- Brandon Yu
* Please make sure to check our swimmers achievements online or via mobile apps. If you are new to our team, there are several ways to do that. You can look up your meet results and track athlete’s improvements by clicking on “My Account” tab and choosing “Meet Results”. Alternatively, if you are on the go, please make sure to download MeetMobile and SwimCounts apps on your mobile device. If you have any questions on how to navigate through these apps please don’t hesitate to ask for help any veteran swim parent on deck.
Team News by: Katia Prachenko and Coach Rian Wise.