Happy Holidays! Here are some important updates for swim season!
December 20, 2018
Hi Stingray Families!
We hope all of you are enjoying the off season and have had a great start to the holiday season!
Although the new swim season is still a few months away, we wanted to send out a few bits of information to have on your radar for the new year.
Registration and Swim Season
Registration will open on February 1, 2019 for the new season and, as was the case last year, families registering swimmers during the “early bird” window will pay $335 per swimmer. On April 16th, the price will increase by $50. The tentative season schedule is posted on the website. You can click on the calendar tab to view it or click here for a direct link. We will update the schedule as we are given more information. Please note the schedule is very tentative and some of the meets are not finalized yet. Information for team suit try ons and ordering new suits will be released as the information becomes available. Also note that the last week of summer practice will only be open to those swimmers competing in League Meet. Summer Fitness swimmers and regular team members not signed up for League will not have practice the last week of the season. If you have questions regarding registration, you may email Jen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Requirement Changes
There are many changes to the volunteer requirements this year. Last year we had some challenges filling all of the volunteer jobs. Swim meets can not function without full participation from all of our Stingray families. Here is a summary of the changes. Please click on "Parent Participation" under the "Team Info" tab, or click here, to read the full volunteer requirements. If you have questions, please contact the volunteer coordinator, Cyndee Bogard, at email@example.com
The main requirement of 30 units per
family is still in effect. You may fulfill these requirements
by either taking on a "core" volunteer position, where you fulfill
the same job throughout the duration of the season, or by
volunteering at swim meets as a timer, recorder, paper runner, gate
keeper, etc. If you are interested in taking on a "core"
volunteer position, refer to the Parent Participation link to see a
list of core volunteer jobs. Contact Cyndee if you are interested in
signing up for a core position. This will free you up for all
of the away meets and take away the pressure of filling your
volunteer hours for the season!
We have six
open Core positions which will fulfill
all volunteer hours for the season. Open
- Colorado Timer (easy to learn, great seat, training provided)
- Starter (For an active person who can't sit still, training provided)
- Announcer (best seat in the house for meets, make announcements at all home meets)
- Head Stroke and Turn Judge (must have previous Stroke and Turn experience)
- Stroke and Turn Judge (training provided)
- Colorado and Data Entry Reliever (training provided, flexible position).
- We also have five Crew positions assisting Sara Randolph with home meet setup/takedown. Must be able to work every home meet (4 this season plus Time Trials) and the ability to lift tables/chairs and set up canopies. All setup/takedown is before/after home swim meets. You will not have to work during swim meets - you can watch your kids swim! Perfect position for parents with young swimmers!
- We have six open Core positions which will fulfill all volunteer hours for the season. Open positions:
- In addition, each family will also be required to fulfill 2 volunteer positions at the various social events over the course of the season (Lucca's Beer Garden Night, Family Fun Night, Lapapalooza, Awards Ceremony, etc).
- To buy out of your 30 units and social events will cost $450, paid at registration. See the Parent Participation info to see penalties for not fulfilling your volunteer requirement, missing a shift etc.
- New this season, you may sign up for your volunteer jobs as soon as your registration is finalized. Register early to get first pick of volunteer jobs!!!
- To hire a job substitute will cost $50 per home meet and $55 per away meet. If you have a teenager (16+) who wants to be added to the job substitute list, please email Cyndee Bogard.
- As was the case in past years, all invitationals and League Meet have separate volunteer requirements from the regular season. Buying out for $450 does not relieve you of invitational volunteer jobs. The invitational jobs do not count toward your 30 units. All invitational jobs are emailed out 1-2 days in advance of the meet.
Start of Season Social
We’re mixing things up this year and instead of having Fiesta Night at the Clocktower building, the team will kick off the start of the season with an evening event at Lucca Bar and Grill in downtown Benicia. It will be a fundraiser in Lucca's Beer Garden and will take place on Sunday, May 5th. More details will be released as they become available.
New Social Director
We are excited to announce that Debbie Lecair is joining the Stingrays board this year as the new Social Director! Debbie's two granddaughters have been Stingrays for many years and we enthusiastically welcome Debbie to the board! Debbie will coordinate all of the fun events that our swimmers and families look forward to every year and she’s already hit the ground running. Welcome, Debbie!
Finally, we would like to wish Happy Holidays to our Stingrays Families. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday surrounded by your friends and family. Click here to see a holiday greeting from our coaches!