January 5, 2019
2019 Elk Grove Piranhas Registration
We look forward to having you join the Elk Grove Piranhas and are excited for another great season!
*Any questions about registration, and/or help with the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign in with existing account.
- Update swimmer information and click through AND READ agreements for your swimmer(s). The agreements include details on fees, swimmer eligibility, and parent obligations. Each agreement can be printed for your records.
- Pay fees and confirm registration. You may notice outstanding volunteer hours from previous years, or from PAC. Balances MUST be current to register.If you are paying by check, please remit payment to the address below. Your swimmer WILL NOT be confirmed until payment is received.
- NEW SWIMMERS: Please mail your Birth Certificate to the address below. Your swimmer WILL NOT be confirmed until a valid birth certificate is received.
- You will receive a link via email for a Volunteer Particpation Survey attached to your receipt. This link must be completed as the FINAL step to register your swimmer.
- Once you are accepted to the team, register your swimmer to NCSL. DO NOT WAIT! Deadline for this season is May 3, 2019 or on the day you register thereafter.
FEE SCHEDULE FOR 2019
|High School Swimmer||$435|
*Registration fees include: Professional Coaching, Facility Fees, Liability Insurance, Picture Package (Including: one Team 8x10 & one Individual 4x6), one ticket for the team fundraising event and a Team T-Shirt.
Please make checks payable to ELK GROVE PIRANHAS
and mail to:
Elk Grove Piranhas
C/O Jenn Chernyy
944 Trafalgar Circle
Galt, CA 95632
If paying by check, registration will not be confirmed until the check is received. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR SWIMMER(S) NAME ON CHECKS, especially if household names differ.
IF PAYING BY CREDIT CARD THERE WILL BE A 3% PROCESSING FEE. *PLEASE NOTE: When registering multiple swimmers, you may only register children you have LEGAL guardianship of to receive the multiple swimmer discount. Proof of guardianship is required.
All swimmers must be able to complete a full lap of freestyle or backstroke independently without touching lane ropes, the bottom of the pool, or the walls by April 15, 2019 to participate in the 2019 season.
A full refund for all monies paid will be issued if a written request is received by a Board Member prior to April 15, 2019. A partial refund (50% of monies paid) will be made if such request is received by a Board Member in writing between April 16th and April 30th, 2019. The only refunds issued after that time will be due to a medical condition (with a doctor’s note) preventing the swimmer from completing the season.
WAIT LIST POLICY
If the group you wish to register your child for is full, please register them to the corresponding age group wait list. There will be a NON-REFUNDABLE $1.00 fee to add to the wait list. When your child is moved from the wait list to the team, you will recieve confirmation and your credit card will be charged the remaining fees for registration. NEW SWIMMERS: Please make sure you submit your childs birth certificate when registering for the wait list. Registration cannot be completed until your childs age verification is on file with our registrar.
SEASON KICK-OFF MEETING
We will schedule a Season Kick-Off meeting during the month of March, exact date is still pending. Please attend this very important Kick-Off Meeting. We will introduce important details about our practice and meet facilities, introduce our coaching staff, and 2019 Board of Directors. Here you also learn how your family can help your swimmer and our team, and understand our expectations of our families during the regular season and League Championships.
COACHES STROKE AND TURN CLINIC
Coaches will again be offering a Stroke and Turn clinic to instruct swimmers on stroke and turn techniques. If you wish for your swimmer(s) to participate, please come to the pool deck to sign up. Please note that spaces are very limited for the clinic.
Visit the Piranhas Web and/or our Facebook site for up to date information on practice schedules, Meet schedules, Meet results, picture gallery and other important dates for the 2019 season: http://www.elkgrovepiranhas.com
ELK GROVE PIRANHAS FAMILY PARTICIPATION POLICY FOR THE 2019 SEASON
Did you know that the Elk Grove Piranhas Swim Team is run 100% by family volunteers? We are a non-profit organization, so we count on our families to support us. With each family's participation, we can continue to be hugely successful. As it literally takes hundreds of hours to manage the team and its many activities throughout the season, we ask each family to dedicate time for the team. In order to have successful swim meets, we need each family to commit to the following participation requirements:
- 20 volunteer hours during the regular swim season and
- At least 2 shifts during our League Championships.
- If you volunteer to be a Position Coordinator or Team Parent, you must start and complete the season in that position. This more than fulfills your hour requirement. Sharing and splitting hours between different families is smart, just please inform the Volunteer Coordinators so we can accurately determine the number of completed and remaining hours by family.
Regretfully, we need to enforce penalties for families that do not meet the volunteer commitment:
- Penalty fee for not completing the required hours is equal to $30/hour of participation time short (ex: no hours completed equals a penalty of $600.00 or 15 hours completed and 5 hours incomplete equals a penalty of $150.00)
- Financial penalty is assessed at enrollment of the next swim year. The penalty will not be waived if the family skips a year.
- Penalty fee for not completing the required shift(s) at League Championship is a $50 fine per shift.
- Position coordinators closely track their participants’ hours.
- After each meet/event, position coordinator(s) will communicate with Volunteer Coordinators re: hours completed.
- It is your responsibility to find a replacement for a time/shift that you have committed time. Kindly do so prior to the start time of the shift to avoid confusion and penalty assessment.
- Hours will not be communicated during the season. It is your responsibility to monitor your hours and to notify the Volunteer Coordinators of any discrepancy. You will recieve a link to a survey that you MUST complete before your swimmer will be added to the team. This is to ensure that all of our families have filled out the volunteer interest form.
2019 ELK GROVE PIRANHAS CODE OF ETHICS
For over 60 years, the Elk Grove Piranhas has been dedicated to the promotion of youth recreational swimming. The success of the Team is not only measured by the number of wins during the season, but also the personal physical and emotional growth of each swimmer and the enjoyment provided for the entire family. Being a part of the Piranhas is a blast!
Our team families create the fun, exciting, positive and supportive swimming environment. An ideal environment helps our swimmers improve his/her performance throughout the season. It helps them have fun. It helps them make lifelong friendships. It teaches them the importance of good sportsmanship. Our team is a “family” since we work and play together nearly half the year.
To help achieve these goals, we kindly ask that parents and their swimmers understand and agree to the Piranhas Code of Ethics:
- Swimmers have respect and always try their best.
- Treat the Coaches and their assistants with respect by always following directions.
- Treat swim meet workers and officials with respect.
- Treat other Piranhas swimmers and families with respect, regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- Treat the pool facilities with care and respect.
- Treat competitors from other teams with respect and congratulate competitors after each race, win or lose.
- Strive to always give your best swims, whether at practices or swim meets.
Team Parents promote respect and provide encouragement for all swimmers.
- Encourage good sportsmanship.
- Demonstrate positive support for ALL swimmers, coaches, and officials during practices and swim meets.
- Promote the understanding that the emotional and physical well being of our children is more important than winning.
- Enforce an athletic environment. Free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol and refrain from their use at sports events.
- Remember that the sport is for the youth – not the adults.
- Encourage your child to treat other swimmers, coaches, and families with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- Encourage your child to routinely attend practices and, if possible, attend all swim meets.
We look forward to seeing all of you on the pool deck!
Elk Grove Piranhas
We're on Facebook
Join us on Facebook to see and read the latest about the team! Click: https://www.facebook.com/Elk-Grove-Piranhas-136521409758988/.
Need Swim Gear?
If your swimmer needs practice suits, goggles, caps or other swim accessories (parkas, bags), please purchase on the Swim Outlet website at the following link: https://www.swimoutlet.com/egpiranhas.
Did you know that Elk Grove Swim Team Boosters, Inc. can receive .5% back from all your Amazon purchases? It doesn't cost you anything, just a couple minutes to update your phone and computer to use Amazon Smile and then every time you make a purchase on Amazon it will remind you that Amazon just made a donation to the team. You'll feel better that each of your purchases on Amazon contributed money to your team and the team will certainly reap the benefits of this great program!! Direction for how to set up your Amazon Smile account can be found here.