January 27, 2019
Hello Stingray Families!
Registration Opens Soon!!!
It may be hard to believe, but it is already time to register your swimmer for the upcoming season. Registration will open on Friday, February 1st.
- Register early to get the early bird registration discount!
- We will also request you order your child's team t-shirt (included in registration fees) during registration this year. There will be a spot to request t-shirt size as you register.
- New this year, once your registration has been finalized, you may sign up for your volunteer jobs immediately! Get first pick of volunteer jobs by registering on day 1! Please note that only the Meet volunteer positions are currently available to sign up for. The social volunteer jobs will be posted closer to the actual events. Remember you must fulfill your meet volunteer jobs by serving a "Core" position for the duration of the season OR by signing up for 30 units of meet volunteer jobs (by being a timer, recorder, gate keeper, etc). You MUST ALSO fulfill 2 social volunteer jobs (at Lapapalooza, Family Fun Night, Awards Ceremony, etc), which will be available for sign up down the road. Core Volunteers must also fulfill social volunteer jobs as their Core Volunteer job only covers the 30 unit Meet volunteer requirement.
- You may see the detailed version of the 2019 new volunteer requirements here. Email Cyndee Bogard at email@example.com with any questions.
- If you choose to not volunteer this year, you may buy out of your volunteer requirements for $450 during the registration process.
Open Core Volunteer Positions
- We have two Core Volunteer Positions that we would like to fill as early as possible. If you work as a Core Volunteer, you will fulfill the same job for the duration of the season. The available positions ONLY require a home meet commitment! Furthermore, we ONLY have 4 home meets. Note that the core volunteer jobs fulfill your 30 unit meet requirement but you still must fulfill 2 social event job positions as well.
- The open positions are:
- Announcer: Get a great shaded seat pool side and make loud speaker announcements at the home meets only. This is a fun position and you may play music as well!
- Head Stroke and Turn Judge: You must have previous Stroke and Turn training
- Set up and Take Down Crew: In addition to the above two open core positions, we also need two more individuals (we currently have two of the four spots filled) to serve on set up and take down crew for the home meets. This will also fulfill your 30 units of volunteer hours. This is a great position for families with small children as all of your commitments will be fulfilled before and after the meets. You do not have to work during the meet so you will be available to help your child throughout the meet itself. You must be able to set up canopies/tables/chairs during Time Trials and all of the home meets. Contact head set up/take down leader Sara Randolph at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Notify Sara and Cyndee if you want to be part of set up/take down crew.
Team Swimsuit Fittings
- If your swimmer needs a new suit this season, there will be two swim suit try-ons at the James Lemos Pool. Associated with each fitting date will be a short order window during which you can order your suit. Exact times of the fittings will be released shortly.
- The suit design will not change this year so if your suit is in good shape and still fits, there is no need to order a new suit.
- The first suit fitting date will be Wednesday, March 20th and will coincide with the first order window.
- The second suit fitting date will be Thursday, April 11th and will coincide with the second order window.
- You are highly encouraged to order your suit during the first order window to guarantee your suit arrives by time trials and team pictures.
Lucca's Beer Garden Information: Sunday, May 5th, 2019
- We are mixing things up this season. The season opening Fiesta Night is being changed to a gathering at Lucca Bar and Grill at 439 1st Street.
- 20% of your Beer Garden purchase will go towards the Benicia Stingrays.
- Show up anytime between 1:00pm to 6:00pm and meet us in The Beer Garden.
- The coaches will introduce themselves to new families from 1:00-1:30 and will have words for the entire team at 2:00.
- 3:00-6:00 will have live music for all to enjoy!