February 17, 2019
Hello Reno Aquatic Families!
We are now one week out from our annual Swim4Fund$ and have some important information regarding the updated schedule and what to expect. As a reminder we will be at the Northwest pool next Saturday, February 23, from 7:00 – 10:00 am. Swimmers should plan to bring a person (parent, etc.) to count their laps.
- 7:10 am: Pre-Seniors, Seniors & National swimmers arrive at NW pool
- 7:30 – 8:30 am: Pre-Seniors, Seniors & Nationals swim laps
- 8:10 am: Minis, Orange & Blue swimmers arrive at NW pool
- 8:40 – 9:40 am: Minis, Orange & Blue groups swim laps (Pre-Seniors, Seniors & Nationals should plan to cheer them on)
- 9:40 – 10:00 am: Breakfast & Team Picture
- Please RSVP at the Reno Aquatic website so we can get a general head count for the event and breakfast.
- Bring fundraising packets to the pool Saturday morning. (Note: Online fundraising will close and any final pledges should be submitted by Friday, March 1.)
- Gear Swap: Don’t forget to bring any RAC gear that is too small for our annual RAC gear exchange. (More information below.)
Fundraising: We would like every swimmer to participate in this important fundraiser. A reminder that you can collect pledges/donations from out of town friends and family using RAC's online pledge site(https://www.teamunify.com/TUMoney.jsp?team=reno). If you are unable to participate in the swim-a-thon on Saturday, you may still submit donations either online or turn in your packet by March 1. Don't forget... there are incentives!
- Top Online Fundraisers: On Sunday, February 17, (which is tomorrow!) we will identify the top 10 online fundraisers (at that point) and those swimmers will be invited to select a song for our Swim 4 Funds_Splash 4 Ca$h playlist. Songs will be played at our swim-a-thon on February 23. Of course please continue to raise funds online through March 1.
- $50+ Fundraisers: Any swimmer who raises $50 or more will receive a snazzy Reno Aquatic Club water bottle.
- Highest Participation Rate: The group (or groups) with the highest participation rate when the fundraiser closes on March 1 will get to design a workout and/or games for a practice. As of Feb 15, the Pre-Senior Division is in the lead...
- Most Money Raised: The group that raises the most money (on average) by March 1 will earn a pizza party… served by the coaches! As of Feb 15, the Senior Division is in the lead...
2019 Swim Gear Swap: Parents and swimmers, if you have any swim gear that is in good shape, but you have outgrown, please consider donating these items to our younger swim team members. We will set up a table prior to the start of the swim-a-thon for families to donate swim gear and remain on display though the event. Any leftover items will be donated to a local charity.
Swim 4 Funds_Splash 4 Ca$h is our most important fundraiser of the year. We are asking each swimmer to participate in the fundraiser, as we aim for our goal of $10,000. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Torrey Palmer & Damon McAlister