QNS NEWS WEEK OF 3/18 - 3/24 & JO RECAP
March 17, 2019
- BRONZE CENTRAL MEET FRI – SUN @ YONKERS
- NO SAT QCC AM
- QNS 10&U JO Recap: 10&U shine at Metro Junior Olympics!! With dominating performances lead by JO CHAMPIONS Ethan Lee 50 BK & Shanel Tan 50 & 100 BR. The girls relays of Shanel, Hanna Bak, Megan Pattanakul & Mackenzie Capria finished 2nd 200 FR; 3rd 200 MEDLEY & the 400 FR RELAY placed 5th (with the smallest Queens swimmer in the meet, 8 year old Julia Bak). Megan earned 2nd place 50 BK & 4th 100 BK! Hanna 4th 50FR 7th 100FR. Maddy Yan 8th 50FLY! Shanel Tan also won 2nd overall high point award for the meet! THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT IN QUEENS!!
- QNS 11-12 JO Recap: 11&12’s leave their mark at Metro Junior Olympics! With a stand out performance by Sayjel Tan. Sayjel made finals in 6 events and earned 2nd place overall in the 50 BACK & 50 FLY! Sayjel also finished 6th in the 100 BK & 100 FLY and 8th in the 200BK & 100 IM! Cathy O’Neill made finals in her first ever JO meet, finishing 6th in the 50 BACK! Every 11-12 relay finished in point scoring position! Congratulations to relay swimmers Sayjel, Cathy, Maya Bieganowski (dropped 7 seconds in 100 BR and would have made finals with that swim!), Aurey Tong & Kejin Huang (4 second drop in 100 FR to break 1:00 for the first time!!) Boy relays also all finished with points Oliver & Julien Shao, Wesley Tung & Tenzin Gyaltsen (dropped 2 seconds to swim a 27 anchor of the 200 Medley relay!) all made Queens Proud!
- QNS 13-14 JO Recap: 13-14’s get the job done at Metro Junior Olympics! Every QNS 13-14 relay scored points! Congrats to boys relay teams of Sean Su, Yanlei Chen, Adam Hammond & JC Fuentes and girls relays swimmers Katelin Wu, Olivia Ronaghan, Song-Yi Park, Kira Chen & Kelly O’Neill. Individual finalists Sean Su 200BK & Olivia Ronaghan 3rd Place 100BR are showing our young swimmers what it takes to be great!
- STUDY HALL Open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Drylands for Senior/Select Monday & Thursday Dryland & Yoga Tue & Sun after swim National/Elite
- **Monday Swim Team Starts 6:30pm (Novice, Junior, Select, Senior)**
- NO SATURDAY AM SWIM THIS WEK
- Swim School will run as scheduled Mon/Fri/Sat