March 19, 2019
I hope everyone is having a great week. Please read through this email for important Reno Aquatic Club news.
Upcoming Schedule Changes
- There will be NO practice on Saturday, March 23 for any groups.
- We will have normal practice schedule during WCSD's spring break.
The NNA meet is this weekend. If you missed the registration deadline, you can sign-up for events at the meet. Click here for the meet sheet. I will send an email later this week with the meet information.
Pacific Junior Olympics
RENO had a great JOs this past weekend in Walnut Creek, CA! A few highlights include:
Amaya Aramini – 9th place in the 200 back and moved up to 6th all-time for 11-12 girls in the event.
Angelo Aramini – Best time in the 200 free.
Marni Kraemer – Best times in the 200 free and 100 IM.
Ella Palmer – 100% best times, 4th place in the 200 back, 6th place in the 1000 free, 9th place in the 100 back.
Aidan Pfleiger – 2nd in the 1650 free, 4th place in the 500 free, 6th in the 200 free, 8th place in 200 IM, 8th place in the 200 breast and second all-time 13-14 in RENO history,
Way to go, RENO!
The Folsom meet is scheduled for April 12 – 14. Registration is not open yet. It sounds like it will open around March 29 or 30th. I will send an email when registration opens. This meet fills up very quickly.
I will resume the Parent Education next week.
Each week, I will post the “Parent Education” section on the website. Click here to read the archived articles.
Here are the upcoming meets for Reno Aquatic Club:
- March 23 – 24 – NNA Age Group Open / Reno, NV (Swimmers who don't have another meet in March or April)
- April 4 – 7 – Far Westerns / Santa Clara, CA (all qualified)
- April 12 – 14 – Folsom Spring Splash (long course) / Folsom, CA (talk with your child’s coach)
If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thank you for your support.