April 7, 2019
Spring Training Starts this Monday, April 8th
- It is hard to believe, but practice is starting on Monday!
- All practices will be at the James Lemos Pool.
- Practices are held rain or shine, the exception being lightning storms.
- Don't forget a towel, sunscreen, drinking water, dry clothes for after practice, goggles, fins (for 7/8's and older), and a chair to sit in if you will be observing practice (the grass will be wet). If you are new to swim team and don't yet have fins, that is okay--there will be a bin of fins swimmers can borrow from until they get their own.
- Please arrive a few minutes early so your swimmer has a chance to get dressed, capped, and goggles on before their practice starts. Late arrivals are disruptive to the flow of practice.
- Here are the practice times for the individual age groups. Spring Training is open to only Swim Team Members (not Summer Fitness Members).
Time Age Group
4:00-4:30 6 and Unders
4:30-5:30 7 and 8's
5:15-6:15 9/10's and 11/12's
5:45-7:00 13 and up's
Don't Forget to Register Your Swimmer--Early Bird Registration Ends April 15th!
- If you have not yet registered for swim team, please make sure you register before showing up for practice on Monday.
- You must register by April 15th if you want to take advantage of early bird pricing!!!!
- Click here to register!
Update on Team Suits
- The first suit try on date has passed. The second suit try on date will be on Thursday, April 11th from 4:00-7:00pm at the James Lemos Pool.
- Previously, it was communicated that there would be two ordering periods for team suits, one associated with each try on date. That has since been changed. The ordering website will be open continuously from now until April 14th. All suits ordered by April 14th are guaranteed to arrive before Time Trials. No suits may be ordered after April 14th. Click here for a link to the ordering website.
- The suits will be delivered in one group to the team and they will be distributed at the pool at a to be determined date.
- If you have questions regarding the suits, you can contact the Zumo Rep at: Mark Ennis, Zumo USA, 925-595-9833, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for more info on team suits.
- Don't forget, you will only have two more opportunities to order Spirit Wear--Swim Suit Fittings on Thursday, April 14th and Lucca's Beer Garden Night on Sunday, May 5th.
- Spirit Wear will not be available for purchase later in the season as all printing can only occur in one order.
- Click here for more info on Spirit Wear and to see what is available.
Lucca's Gathering in the Beer Garden: Sunday, May 5th
- Don't forget to mark your calenders--we're less than a month away from kicking off the season in a festive way at Lucca's!
- Sunday, May 5th, 2019, 1:00-6:00pm
- Location: Lucca Bar and Grill at 439 First Street, Benicia
- Family Friendly!!!! Kids of all ages are encouraged to come--we want your swimmers and their siblings to be present!!!!
- 1:30: Coaches will meet with new families
- 2:00: Coaches gathering with the entire team
- 3:00-6:00 Live band!
- 20% of beer garden sales will go back to the Stingrays!
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo, unwind after the Run for Education, raise money for the team, and reunite with old teammates!!! New families, we really want you to come!!! This is your chance to meet the coaches, ask the board members your questions, learn about volunteer requirements, and see what a great group of kids we have swimming for us!
See you at the pool!!!!