April 9, 2019
Thank you for registering your child for the Folsom meet! This is always a great meet and a good opportunity to get some long course swims in before the summer starts. Below is important information on the meet. If you have any questions, please let me know.
- Coach Melanie will be at the meet Friday – Sunday. I will be there on Sunday.
- We will need a family to transport the RENO tents down to the meet. If you have room in your vehicle and are able to do this, please let me know ASAP.
- For those swimming events on Friday, please arrive at the pool no later than 3:50 PM.
- The meet is a split session meet on Saturday and Sunday. 13 and over swimmers, please be at the pool by 6:50 AM on Saturday and Sunday. Warm-ups start at 7:00 AM. Based on the timeline, 12 and under swimmers should plan to arrive at the pool by 11:15 AM on Saturday and Sunday.
- We have a reservation at Skipolini’s Pizza in Folsom at 6 PM for a team dinner on Saturday night. You are not required to attend, but it is always a fun time. If you are going, please send an email to Christine Aramini and let her know how many people will be attending.
- If you are an official, please plan on working the meet. Sierra Nevada Swimming has a rule if teams don’t supply officials then the swimmers won’t get their ribbons.
- RENO has been assigned timing chairs throughout the weekend. We greatly appreciate your help timing at the meet and it does count towards your annual service hour requirement. Click here to sign-up to time.
- Since this meet is a long course meet, they will be starting heats on both sides of the pool. Odd heats will be starting at the scoreboard side; even heats will be starting on the slide side. This format can be a little confusing at first, so please remind your child to be paying attention.
- The Sierra Marlins have a very informative website about the meet that includes the timeline and psych sheet. Click here to access the site.
If you have any questions, please contact me.