May 29, 2019
Alright Stingray Families......It's time to get ready for Battle!!!
What is Battle of the Ages?
Battle of the Ages is a 2 day Saturday-Sunday invitational open to all Stingrays swimmers. This meet is unique in that swimmers compete only against swimmers of the same age (so a 13 year old swimmer will only swim against other 13 year old swimmers, not against 13 AND 14 year old swimmers). Your family picks the events your child will swim on one or both days. Additional volunteer duties (beyond your regular season 30 units or buyout volunteer hours) are required for participating families.
This is a FAST pool and many of the swimmers get new personal best times at this meet so you are highly encouraged to sign up for this meet!
Battle of the Ages will take place Saturday, June 22nd - Sunday, June 23rd, 2019.
Meet starts at 9:00AM on both days and ends around 4:00pm or so.
Note this is a long meet. Bring lots of food and entertainment, especially if you have younger swimmers. Although it is a long meet, hanging out in camp with the other families and swimmers really allows the swimmers to bond and form tight friendships with each other. Some of our favorite swim memories are from Battle!
Pleasant Hill Education Swimming Center, 1 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill CA 94523
- $5 Splash Fee (meet entry fee) plus $5 per event individual event swum
- You may sign up for one or both days
- You are limited to 4 total events (over both days) per swimmer.
Schedule of Events
- Saturday: Mixed Distance Free, Breaststroke, Butterfly
- Sunday: Individual Medley, Backstroke, Freestyle
- Click here for the registration form. There are also registration forms in the Invitational Binder, which is located by the Family Folders on deck.
- Place your registration form and check/cash into an envelope and leave it in the invitational binder for the coaches to pick up.
- Registration forms are due Thursday, June 6th by 5:30pm.
A and B Divisions: Swimmers will be seeded in A and B divisions based off of their entry times. Awards are given separately for each division.
Volunteer Job Assignments
All families must volunteer each day their swimmer participates (Buying out of regular season volunteer requirements does not buy you out of invitational volunteer requirements; invitational requirements are separate from your regular 30 units of required volunteer hours). These jobs will be assigned a day or two before the actual event and will be emailed to you. It is your responsibility to check your email and check in with the invitational coordinator (Kathleen Sauter) at the meet to get credit for fulfilling your volunteer requirement.