June 3, 2019
Good evening, Glenwood!
We know this is a busy time of year for everyone, so please accept this email as our effort to make your lives just a little bit easier. Below is a pre-swim-season checklist to make sure you are up to date and ready for Glenwood 2019!
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: If you haven't registered your swimmers yet, please do so ASAP. Registration closes on Thursday, June 6, at 8 p.m. There can be no exceptions to this deadline. You can register here right now!
- SCREENING: Screening for new team members (including pre-team) will continue this week at 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Find a coach on the deck and request that your child be screened. Remember, registration closes Thursday.
- NEW BIG TEAM PARENTS: There will be a brief meeting for all parents new to swim team on Thursday, June 6, at 7 p.m. on the deck behind the snack bar. It should last about 15 minutes. Come meet the coaches, hear about expectations for the season, and ask questions.
- NEW PRE-TEAM PARENTS: There will be a brief meeting for all parents of new pre-team swimmers at the first practice on Monday, June 10, at 7 p.m. Come meet the coaches, hear about expectations for the season, and ask questions.
- JOBS SIGN-UP: Jobs sign-up will open tonight at 8 p.m.(ish). We say “ish” to allow us some wiggle room in case we have any technical or last-minute issues. You may only sign up for jobs after you register your swimmers and the registration deadline cannot be extended. You can find the instructions for signing up here.
- FAMILY FOLDERS: One way we distribute materials not easily conveyed online is through family folders, which you will find in the pool managers’ office immediately to your left. They are organized alphabetically in hanging files. Please make a point to find your folders and check them regularly throughout the season. If you are new to the team this year, it will probably take a few days before your folder is made and added to the bins, so please be patient and keep checking back.
- WEBSITE: In addition to family folders, there is a ton of information on our website. For new parents in particular, you can review previous informational emails or check out the 2019 Tiger Handbook to get a better idea of how swim team works and what is expected of both parents and swimmers
- PICTURE DAY: Swim team and individual picture day is this Saturday before time trials. Please arrive at 6:30 a.m. Yes, it is early, but there should be coffee! You will find order forms in your family folders by tomorrow at the latest. You may fill those out and bring them with a check on Saturday, or you may prefer to pay with a credit or debit card. You can also visit our photographer's website here and enter the ordering code EVTBMSG8C and Glenwood Tigers. Purchasing a photo is optional. Kids should wear their team suits for the picture; if it hasn’t arrived or you haven't gotten one (a team suit is optional -- see #9) last year's suit is fine or a simple plain green or black t-shirt also works.
- TEAM SUIT: There is a new Glenwood Tiger swimsuit this year. Having a team suit is not a requirement to be on the team or to participate in meets, but many of the kids like having one just the same. You can find the suits at Capital Sport and Swim at 10558 Metropolitan Ave, Kensington. The staff there is fantastic and will help ensure your swimmer gets the right fit.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned.
Your Glenwood Swim Team Parent Representatives