June 23, 2019
First, a huge thank you to Coach Joe and Coach Steve for an amazing Battle Weekend. They were out in the hot sun from 7:30 until 4:00 each day coaching and cheering on every single Stingray swimmer that was at Battle this weekend. It was a long, but AMAZING weekend and many of the swimmers got new PR's and had a blast hanging out in camp together.
- Don't forget Lapalooza is this Wednesday. Click here for all of the event info.
- We need breakfast donations for Wednesday morning. Please click here to sign up to bring a breakfast item for our swimmers. They will be hungry after swimming all of those laps!
- We still need volunteers to help count laps! If you are able to be at practice that day, please sign up to be a lap counter. Remember, every family is expected to fulfill 2 social jobs, and this counts as 1 of them! You can sign up just as you sign up for regular meet volunteer jobs.
4th of July Holiday
- There is no practice on July 4th. All other practices this week occur as regularly scheduled.
July 3rd Parade
- As is tradition, the Stingrays will participate in the July 3rd Parade down First Street. Exact event details will be emailed out a day or two before the event (meeting time, meeting location, etc).
- The parade starts at 6:30pm and we usually start gathering as a team about an hour before the start of the parade.
- Please have your swimmer wear their team shirts. Parents are welcome to walk with the team as well. If you have Stingray Spirit Wear, now is a great time to show some team spirit!
- We will have candy for the swimmers to pass out to parade watchers. The candy must be handed directly to the parade watchers, it can not be thrown. Your swimmer can bring their swim cap and use it to hold the candy they are passing out.
- All parade walkers must walk the entire length of the parade, they may not exit to the side. Swimmers must also start the parade at the beginning of the parade, they can not join the parade after it begins.
- When the end of the parade is reached, everyone must exit to the right on to the sidewalk that takes you to the library. If you are not walking in the parade with your swimmer, make sure you are down there to meet them at the end of the parade. There will be no adult supervision of stranded swimmers once the parade is over.