Martinez Meet Results and a Lot More!!!
July 1, 2019
There's a lot of information in this NewsSplash
so, please read through everything!
13 and Up Outing Tomorrow
- If you have a 13 and up
swimmer, tomorrow is their social outing at Paddock Bowl in
Pacheco. Here are the details:
- Address: 5915 Pacheco Blvd.
- Time: 1:00-3:00. Meet at the pool at 12:30, leave at 12:45 for the bowling alley (parents to carpool kids)
- Bring money to bowl, rent
shoes, buy snacks, etc.
- Just a reminder for those
families who are planning on participaing in the East County
Invitational--the deadline is tomorrow (Tuesday, July 2nd).
Completed entry forms go in the invitational folder located with
the family folders. For families who have attended ECI
in the past, please not that this year's location is at Freedom
High School in Oakley. Complete ECI information can be found
July 3rd Torchlight Parade
- For those families
participating in the annual Torchlight Parade, here's what you need
- Families should gather near the corner of First Street and B Street at 6:00. The Stingrays will be in spot "42" which is on the right hand side of B Street (facing First Street). The parade begins at 6:30.
- Please have your swimmer wear their team shirts. Parents are welcome to walk with the team as well. If you have Stingray Spirit Wear, now is a great time to show some team spirit!
- We'll need two adults or
teens to pull wagons during the parade (one will hold bottles of
water, the other will hold candy to pass out). The wagons
will be picked up by our team's Social Director, Debbie Lecair, at the end of the
No Practice July 4th
- Remember, there will be no
practice this Thursday, July 4th due to the
League Meet Art Contest
- Once again, the league
representatives are offering all teams the opportunity to have their
artistic swimmers submit a hand-drawn picture for the
front/back cover of this year's league championship program.
Here are the details:
- The drawings should be on a standard paper size (8.5x11") and should be in color
- The drawing should have a representation of every team in our league
- Swimmer name, team, and age should be on the drawing
- Drawings will need to be in the Fade family folder no later than Friday July 12th
- Please click
here to see front/back page winners from last year and the list
of teams in our league.
- From our Volunteer
Coordinator, Cyndee Bogard:
We have three volunteer 'Timing Spots' available online for Wednesday Night's (7/10) HOME meet :) If you need your hours - sign up now!
Also: IF you are available Saturday, July 20th...we MAY open 8 more timing positions if we have enough interest. Please let Cyndee know ASAP (before 7/10) if you are available to 'time' during the 7/20 (Saturday Morning) swim meet.
Martinez Meet Results
You can see the results
from this past weekend's away meet against Martinez
here and the score breakdown
here. Here are the highlights from our
Final score MCST 365.5 - BSR 341.5. It was a very close meet and we competed extremely well.
53% (133) of our swims were best times and only 3% (7) were DQ's.
New Gold time swims:
9-10 boy Lucky Crews in Free
13-14 boy Joey Patocchi in IM and Breast
13-14 boy Jayden Randolph in Back
7-8 boy Connor Smith in Free and Fly
15-18 men's Robert Patocchi broke his own record in the 100 yard back. The previous record was 59.37 and his new record is 59.06.
Great job to all - GO STINGRAYS!