NewsSplash: Lots of Stuff!
July 20, 2019
- This is your last chance to sign up for League Meet. Sign up today before the coaches have to submit the team roster for the meet!!!
- Practice Reminder: Practice next week is for Swim Team members participating at League Championships only. Practice is now finished for Summer Fitness Swimmers and Swim Team members not competing at League Meet.
- League Meet Power Breakfast: As in prior years, we want to make sure our swimmers have a good breakfast the morning of League Meet to help sustain their energy throughout the day. If you plan on swimming at League, please click here to go to the Signup genius to see what you can donate to the team breakfast table.
- More information will be sent out for League once it is available. So you can plan ahead a bit, Friday evening camp set up for League is not allowed. All set up must occur the morning of the meet. This is an all day meet so bring food, drinks, and entertainment for your swimmers!
- As in past years, we have the back room of Pizza Pirate reserved at 4:30 right after League Meet. Come by immediately after the meet, order a pizza (families pay for their own food), and collect your swimmer's ribbons and medals (if they are available). For families who do not come to Pizza Pirate, League ribbons/medals will be available at the awards ceremony in August.
- Our swimmers and coaches
have worked so hard all season so now it's time to have a little
bit of fun! This coming week, the following fun activities
- Monday: Donuts After Practice!
- Tuesday: Who can wear the most suits at one time to practice? Come to practice wearing as many swimsuits as possible!
- Wednesday: Tie Dye Shirts--bring a white/light colored shirt to the pool that you can tie dye and wear to League Meet.
- Thursday: Coaches' Appreciation Day--Write them a note, give them a small gift card, make them a thank you card....just anything to say we appreciate all of the hard work they put into our swimmers and thanks for making it so fun
- Friday: Decorate your car for League Meet!!!
- Tuck Ins: Shhhh!!!! Don't tell your Little Stingray! Some evening during the week before League, a small group of older Stingray swimmers will stop by your house to surprise your 8 and Under swimmer with a little goodie to hype them up for League Meet and to wish them good luck. This is limited to the swimmers participating in League Meet.
- We only have one more week
of the regular season to go! Still can't get enough of the
water? Then don't forget to sign up your swimmer for
Fall Swim. This is a great way to maintain the fitness they
gained from the swim season and to improve their technique for next
here for all of the information related to Fall
Awards Ceremony and
Ice Cream Social
- With the end of the season right around the corner, don't forget to save the date for our annual Awards Ceremony and Ice Cream Social! The event will happen at the Benicia Clocktower from 2:00-4:00 on Sunday, August 25th. Come join your fellow Stingray families to celebrate all of the hard work and achievements of our swimmers for the season.
- We need volunteers to help make this event a success (sign up online like you would for any other swim meet job committment). Please, even if you have already fulfilled your volunteer requirements, help volunteer!!!
Hox Last Chance
- Hox Last Chance Meet is tomorrow, Sunday, July 21st. Remember, this is not a team sponsored meet and the coaches will not be there to coach your swimmer.
- Tents may be set up at 12:00pm.
- Warmups for 9 and ups are from 1:30-2:30 and the diving blocks in Lanes 9 and 10 will be open for the duration of warmups. Warmups for 8 and unders will be from 2:30-2:50 and small diving blocks in lanes 1 and 2 will be open.
- Touchpads: Touchpads will be used for the meet. Please make sure the swimmers do not stand on the top of the pads while waiting for their race to start.
- Click here for the meet program.
- Allow plenty of time to enter into Blackhawk Country Club. The gates can get backed up on swim meet days. The Security gate password is TIMBER.
- Directions to the East Gate: Coming from 680 north or 680 south, take the Camino Tassajara exit and go East on Camino Tassajara. Turn Left on BLACKHAWK DR and enter into Blackhawk Country Club using the EAST gate.
Directions to the MAIN Gate: Coming from 680 north or 680 south,
take the Camino Tassajara exit and go East on Camino
Tassajara. Turn Left on BLACKHAWK RD and then turn right onto
Blackhawk Dr entering the MAIN gate.