August 1, 2019
For those Stingrays swimming at County Championships, please see below.
County Meet Date/Location
- Friday, August 2-Sunday, August 4th
- Acalanes High School, 1200 Pleasant Hill Road, Lafayette
- Stingrays do NOT have an assigned team camp area. You may set up in the "Open Area" beginning at 1:00pm on Friday. Do no attempt to set up in the Open Area before 1:00pm. Refer to the attached map.
- Friday: Warm ups are from 2:15-3:30 for all swimmers and 3:30-3:50 for 8 and unders only
- Saturday/Sunday: Warm ups are from 7:15-8:30 for all swimmers and 8:30-8:50 for 8 and unders only.
- We will send out more specific warm up times if we are made aware of them.
Clerk of the Course
- Pay attention and make sure your swimmer is checked in to Clerk of the Course on time.
- County uses a double check in procedure--they must check in at the Clerk table and they must also be seated in their seat prior to being released to the pool deck. If your swimmer is not in their seat prior to being released to the pool deck, they will be scratched from that event.
- Stingrays have shifts during Friday relays, Saturday Trials (morning), and Sunday Trials (morning).
- Refer to the attached volunteer assignments.
- If something comes up and you can't fulfill your volunteer assignment, please let Kathleen Sauter know ASAP! Her cell is 707-398-1928 and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attached, fine the approximate timeline for Friday afternon, and Saturday/Sunday mornings.
- Finals are estimated to run from 1:00-3:15 on Saturday afternoon and 12:45-3:00 on Sunday afternoon.
Professional Photos will be available
- Professional photography, offered by David Cervenka, will be available. You may signup in advance at: https://davidcervenka.com/2019-county/#
Sunday Afternoon Awards Ceremony
- Awards Presenter: Kim Vandenberg - From County Swimmer to Olympic Medalist!!! Please stay around for the awards ceremony immediately following Sunday's finals session. Come listen to one of Contra Costa County's most accomplished swimmers ever share experiences of her journey from summer rec swimming to competing at the highest level!
Have a swimmer who can sing?
- County is looking for a swimmer who can sing the National Anthem on either Saturday or Sunday morning. Ideally it is a swimmer competing in County, but any swimmer from any participating team is welcome. They will take the first person to reply. Email email@example.com if your swimmer can sing! The singer will be given a free County t-shirt.