August 19, 2019
We hope you all have made
the most of the final weeks of the summer and that your swimmers
are ready for school and life in the fall! Please see below
for important information.
Ice Cream Social and Awards Ceremony
- Don't forget that the Awards Ceremony and Ice Cream Social is taking place this coming Sunday, August 25th! The event will happen at the Benicia Clocktower from 2:00-4:00. Come join your fellow Stingray families to celebrate all of the hard work and achievements of our swimmers this season.
- There are still volunteer positions available for the Awards Ceremony--please sign up to help!!! For those families still in need of fulfilling hours, this is your last opportunity to meet your team requirement. As a special bonus for those families with hours left to complete, volunteering at this event will count as double hours, so don't delay in signing up. Please sign up by this Wednesday. (Note that you cannot "bank" volunteer hours and apply them towards next year's requirement)
If you're planning on
participating in the Stingrays' Fall Swim program, don't forget to
register before prices go up on August 31st! You
can mail in your payment as detailed in the link or you can give
Coach Steve a check at the Awards Ceremony. Complete
information about Fall Swim can be found at:
Fall Swim Program
- Fall Swim will run Monday through Wednesday from September 9th to October 30th.
- The program is designed to further the development of stroke and turn techniques and conditioning. In each practice there will be a balance of teaching and conditioning to help support your swimmers needs.
Open Board Positions
following Stingray board positions are open for next year's
- Vice President
- Social Director
- If you have any interest in taking on any of these positions, please contact our current president, Janelle Mincy, at email@example.com
- Also, if you are interested in eventually taking on the Volunteer Coordinator position, please contact our current coordinator, Cyndee Bogard, so that she can arrange job shadow opportunities moving forward.