Nevada State Swimming Championships will take place Friday,
November 8 through Monday, November 11 in Henderson, NV. We
would like to have the biggest group possible attend the meet! The
meet does require the swimmers to obtain qualifying
Click here to the time
standards. We will
have one more opportunity for swimmers to earn State cuts at our
King of the Hill Meet in October.
Since the meet is in the Southern Nevada
this year, I want to provide information as early as possible so
families can plan their travel. The meet sheet is posted on the
Boulder City-Henderson Heatwave's (the host team) website. The
document says “pending” but I don’t foresee any
major changes to the event schedule. If I hear of any big changes,
I will communicate that ASAP.
Click here for the pending
Here’s some general
- There will be no team travel offered.
Families will be responsible for all travel arrangements. I have
secured a hotel block if you are interested. More info
- The coaches will be submitting the
entries for each swimmer. The entry deadline is the end of October.
More info to come.
- Friday afternoon is the distance events
(11-12 500 freestyle, 13-up 400 IM and 1650 freestyle). Warm-ups
start at 2:30 PM and the meet starts at 3:30
- On Saturday - Monday, the meet is a
prelims and finals meet for 11 and older swimmers. The 10-under
swimmers will swim timed finals during the middle of the
- Prelims (11 and older) will start at
8:30 AM each day with warm-ups at 7:00 AM.
- 10-under swimmers timed finals will
start no sooner than 12:30 PM on each day.
- Finals (11 and older) will start at 5:00
PM on Saturday and Sunday; Monday finals are
- Last year, we had many families leave
early on Monday and scratched out of finals. Please be sure you
make necessary travel arrangements, so your swimmer is able to
participate in finals on Monday. Looking at Southwest flights, the
9:00 PM flight on Monday, November 11 should be late enough to
accommodate your swimmer competing in
- For 10-under swimmers, if flying back to
Reno, the 5:05 PM flight may be cutting it close. I would recommend
booking on 6:15 PM just to be safe.
I am securing a 20-room hotel block for
the Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel (1553 North Boulder Highway).
You are more than welcome to stay wherever you’d like, but we
stayed here last year and it’s very convenient to the pool
and it was a quiet hotel.
To book a room, call the hotel directly at
702 564-9200 and use the code “Reno Aquatic Club” when
Cost and Room
Rooms with 2 queen beds with arrival on November
8, 2019 and departure on November 11, 2019 at the group
- Friday & Saturday: $139.00 per night plus
tax ($157.07 nightly)
- Sunday: $109.00 per night plus tax ($123.17
Total per stay per room for 3 nights is
The deadline to secure a room is
10/25/19 or until the rooms are
The hotel offers:
- Complimentary hot buffet style breakfast daily
from 6:00 am - 9:30 AM
- Complimentary high speed WiFi
- Fitness center, open 24 hours
- Outdoor heated pool, open 8:00 am - 10:00
- Coin operated guest laundry
- Business center
- Complimentary in room tea/coffee
- Refrigerator and microwave in each
Be on the lookout for more State
information in my weekly emails.