October 7, 2019
Monday October 7, 2019-Swim team updates
- No changes to our regular schedule this week with the exception that all BOO BASH/WMS –West Michigan Swim meet participants are invited to a special practice this Friday 11th from 4:30-6:00 p.m. We will practice relay starts and get geared up for the meet, since 46 Swimmers are attending. Since we have so many kids spread in many groups we want to gather to and get to know each other for this largest group ever ! travel meet.
- Suits and training gear should all be here by the end of the week.
- 3 Meet Requirement Remember for any swimmer to attend the YMCA championship meets in February, YOUR SWIMMER MUST ATTEND 3 DAYS OF YMCA MEETS. (We will not be attending the USA Districts this year, which does not have qualifying times.)
- Alternately, we will be attending the 9 &over YMCA Districts and the 8 & under Champs, which do not have qualifying times, BUT each swimmer will have to do 3 YMCA meets in order to go.
To start the week: (Mindset Mondays)
John Wooden (renowned UCLA b-ball coach said) regarding ENTHUSIASM:
“Your energy and enjoyment, drive and dedication will stimulate and greatly inspire others”
When I reflect on the Fun meet we had last Thursday, I mostly think about the energy around the swimmers, the family members who came to watch, parents who dedicated time into helping and mostly watching first time swimmers accomplish the feat of their first meet ever…which will remain as their first meet forever! I will say, speaking from all the coaches…we were truly inspired by your swimmers(s) that evening!!
So what’s up next for meet sign up? Check out the MEETS/EVENTS in the header and pull down the the SC meet schedule on our tcbreakers.com site
IN NOVEMBER,TWO YMCA meets that ALL swimmers from the team can attend, are not posted yet, as I am still waiting for entry information are:
- November 9th- the MYST Pentathlon ( meaning all 4 strokes-25’s(8&u) or 50’s(9&over) and the 100 IM (fly,back,breast, free in that order) @ GRAND HAVEN H.S.
- Your swimmer does NOT have to swim all the events but maybe trying something besides free and back would be great to sign up for. All 2nd year Breakers should try to swim all 5 events (hence Penta).
- November 22-24 RAYS AT NORTHVIEW H.S., North Grand Rapids (Friday 22nd is for distance events, not for our 1st year swimmers)
- You may sign up for both all three days, 2 days or just one, keeping in mind the 3 meet requirement.
YMCA FRIDAY RULE:
Fridays DO NOT COUNT AS AN EXTRA DAY. FRI/SAT/SUN MEETS COUNT FOR 2 DAYS ONLY.
Age up rule:
With YMCA, your swimmer’s age on December 1, 2019, will carry them through the Championship Season 2020. So for example if your swimmer is 12 and turns 13 on December 11, they will swim as a 12 year at either Districts or Y states.
If you have any questions, please ask your coaches or just reply to this email.