October 14, 2019
We hope you all enjoyed this weekend of crisp fall weather! We have a busy week coming up with the Mock Meet on Thursday and preparing for our Fall Fest Invitational!
Below you will find information regarding upcoming events and registration deadlines. Be sure to visit the Events tab on the website for meet information and volunteer sign-ups.
Upcoming Invitational Signup Deadlines: bold event deadlines are due THIS WEEK
- 10/14/19 – USA Friends Central Holiday Meet (meet dates 12/13/19 & 12/15/19)
- 10/16/19 - HHAA High 5 Pentathlon (meet date: 11/3/19) - check your registration to make sure you registered for all 5 events – “Pentathlon Theme”
Mock Meet – Thursday - 10/17/19
Registration Deadline - 10/14/19
5:00 - Set Up
5:30 - Warm Up
6:00 - Start
8:00 - End
8-8:30 – Meet Clean Up
The Mock Meet is a practice meet for swimmers to gain experience in a meet setting and to get times recorded. All 8&U, 10&U, and new 12&U are encouraged to attend. It is optional for returning 12&U. Please register your swimmer online.
All returning 12&U that are not attending the mock meet, 14&U and 15&Over age groups WILL HAVE PRACTICE AT URSINUS, please check the website calendar for details.
Mock Meet Volunteers - Job Signup
To those that have already signed up – thank you!! There are still some openings for jobs. To sign up, click the job sign-up button next to the event (it works just like sign-up genius).
Mock Meet Set Up & Clean Up- IMPORTANT
Mock Meet set up begins at 5pm. We need as many parents as possible to learn how to set up a meet. This is crucial to ensure our home meets and Fall Fest will start on time and run smoothly during the regular season. We especially need Boys Parents to learn the process of setting up a meet, as the boys’ parents that typically do this have older swimmers and will soon be exiting the program. We need parents of younger swimmers to learn the process. We also need all parents to help clean up after the meet as there is a Community Ed event following the Mock Meet, so we need everything to be cleaned up and back in order by 8:30.
PVAC Fall Fest – Sunday October 27th, 2019
Morning Session :
8&U and 10&U
Warm Up: 7am
Meet Start 8:15
12&U, 14&U and 15&Over
Warm Up: 12pm
Meet Start: 1pm
Fall Fest Volunteers– October 27th, 2019
Fall Fest is the biggest fundraiser for PVAC! There are several areas that we need your help at Fall Fest.
- Contribute to the snack bar – this helps keep our swimmers well fed and energized. It also is the biggest fundraiser for our club all season. See the Fall Fest Snack Bar Event sign up and fill in an open spot.
- Volunteer – If you have already signed up – thank you! Both sessions are still in need of volunteers. Please check the list and sign up for a job. You will not miss your swimmers’ races; when your swimmer is in the pool you step away from the snack bar or ready bench and pop into the balcony to watch your swimmer. Let us know if you have any questions about a particular job. If you have a swimmer registered for Fall Fest, we need you to volunteer for the meet. We need all jobs filled in order to run the meet.
- At Ursinus, please use the doors leading to the field house to enter and leave the building, Do not use the doors going from the pool directly to the outside to enter or exit the pool.
- Please have your swimmer dry off prior to going into the hallway at the High School, the hallway at PV has been getting very wet and slippery.
- Please do not coach from the stands, this is a distraction to all of the swimmers in the pool.
- Please have you swimmer bring a water bottle to practice, this will keep them hydrated during their workout.
Best of luck to our USA Swimmers at the upcoming Blue Eagle Nazareth Meet 10/18 - 10/20! If you have any questions about any of the information in this email, please feel free to reach out, we are here to help.
<span style="font-size:10.5pt;font-family:" en-us;mso-fareast-language:en-us;mso-bidi-language:ar-sa"="" calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:="">Have a Great Week!