December 2, 2019
HAPPY HOLIDAYS RAC Families!
It is that time of year for our Reno Aquatic Club Holiday Parties! First, please join us Saturday, December 14 @ Northwest Pool from 7:30 am to 10:00 am for our team Holiday Party. All team members are welcome and a special guest will be in attendance! The party will consist of many fun activities including:
1. Cardboard boat races: Swimmers can participate in our cardboard boat race. Swimmers will construct a boat completely made of cardboard and duct tape ONLY! The boat must be constructed prior to the start of the race on Saturday. There will be either a two-person team or a 3+ person team. Each team will have one member in the boat and travel either 50 yards or a 100 yards (3+ person team). The first place team to finish without their boat sinking will win a special prize!
2. Ornament/Gift Exchange: Any swimmer wishing to participate in the ornament/gift exchange will need to bring a wrapped ornament/gift (limit of $10) to exchange for another!
3. Raffle: All swimmers who participated in the Sees Candy fundraiser will receive raffle tickets for raffle items. We are in need of raffle items. Any family wishing to donate a raffle item can sign up on our team website and/or contact Christine Aramini at email@example.com. You will receive volunteer hours for items donated.
4. A delicious breakfast: We are in need of breakfast items. Any member wishing to donate, please sign up on our website. You will receive volunteer hours for items donated
5. VOA Towel Drive : The Volunteers of America Family Shelter are in need of new towels for its families. Please share the RAC kindness and bring towels for the shelter which will be delivered at the conclusion of the party. Any questions can be directed to Senior swimmer Elena Aramini.
Finally, we will also be having a parent-only Holiday Party on the same date, December 14 at 5:30 PM at Napa Sonoma located in Plumgate at 550 West Plumb Lane, Reno. There will be appetizers and spirits to celebrate the parents of Reno Aquatic Club! The cost is $15.00 per person. Please RSVP on our website or email Christine Aramini at firstname.lastname@example.org. We deserve a kid-free night for all of our hard work in making this team great!
Christine Aramini, RAC Club President