December 20, 2019
Weekly Update 12-20-19
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
I would like to take this time to thank all of our parents for helping us make your swimmers better athletes, students, and overall great human beings! It does take a village to raise a child and hopefully we are doing our part to help you as much as you are helping us. While at times it seems like we just started this season, the holidays are upon us and soon the end of the season will be. Please don’t forget that we do have practices over break time…..this is a GREAT time for some date nights for you parents! I would like to wish you all a healthy and safe holiday season and a wonderfully, peaceful new year!
Upcoming Meetings / Dates:
- CPSC Swim-o-Rama has been scheduled for Saturday, January 25. We are planning to start things at 5:00 pm and it will last until 10:00 pm.
Upcoming Deadlines / Meet Sign Ups:
- WTSC Groundhog Invitational @ North Central High School,
- I am currently waiting on the set up file from WTSC. As soon as I receive it you will get an email that the registration is open.
- Deadline to register, either commit, decline, or adjust, is Friday, December 27th
- This meet is open to ALL of our club swimmers and ENCOURAGED for all
- Once the deadline passes, no additions or deletions will be made…..please sign up now if you intend on having your swimmer swim and DO NOT MISS the registration
- PLEASE DO NOT BOOK HOTEL ROOMS AS OF YET UNTIL WE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT WE HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE MEET. We will know this by January 9th.
- NWISC CHAMPIONSHIPS @ Michigan City HS
- While the sign up is not yet posted, we really need EVERY swimmer to sign up and attend this season ending championship meet.
- Starting this season the championship is slightly different in that swimmers can swim up to 5 individual events and 1 relay or 4 individual events and 2 relays. This was done to give all the swimmers more opportunities to achieve Divisional or State championship cuts to continue their seasons.
- Please try to attend as there is only one session for each age group and not multiple sessions or days.
- We will need volunteer timers for each session. We need to provide two each session. If you would to help with a front row seat, please denote that in the “Notes” section at the time of registering your swimmer. Please let me know how many timers you can help with and the names, so that I can provide that to the meet host.
- The next week start our Holiday Break training schedule
- For our Bronze and Silver groups, practices over the next two weeks will remain the same time as normal (Bronze=5:15-6:15pm / Silver=5:15-6:45pm) with the exception of days…..we will only have practices on Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- For our Gold, Platinum, & Elite (non-HS) groups, practices over the next two weeks will remain the same in the evening (6:15-8:15/8:30pm) for Monday, Thursday, & Friday. We will ALSO have AM practices ALL days from 8:00-10:00 am, except Wednesdays, as well as our Saturday AM from 8-10.
- All these practices are included as part of the swimmer attendance even though it is holiday break.
- REMINDER FOR
THOSE WISHING TO TEST INTO THE GOLD & PLATINUM TRAINING GROUPS
AT THE END OF THE SEAON…..
- In order for the staff to allow the swimmers who wish to test into the next level groups, swimmers must have maintained a minimum of 65% attendance by the end of the season, prior to the testing days, in order to be allowed to test.
- Testing days will be Friday, February 7, and Wednesday, February 12, during the regularly scheduled practices.
- The stands will be closed to ALL parents (even those whose swimmers are not testing) during these two testing days so as not to add additional pressure on the swimmers. Parents will be welcome to sit and wait in the hallway for the swimmers to pick up after practices.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!!
- UPCOMING…… Week of December
- Ian Whitmer – 11 – 12/23
- Leighton Frew – 9 – 12/25
- Week of December 29th – January 4th
- Harrison Bahr – 7 – 12/31
- Liv Kostoff – 10 – 1/2
- Emma Bahr – 16 – 1/3
- William Tarin – 13 – 1/4
- UPCOMING…… Week of December 22nd-28th