Weekly Update 1-6-20
January 6, 2020
Weekly Update 1-6-20
Upcoming Meetings / Dates:
- CPSC Swim-o-Rama has been scheduled for Saturday, January 25. We are planning to start things at 5:00 pm and it will last until 10:00 pm. Details for this will be emailed out this week…..
Upcoming Deadlines / Meet Sign Ups:
- WTSC Groundhog Invitational @ North Central High
School, Indianapolis, IN
- Still waiting to see if we have been accepted into the meet….
- PLEASE DO NOT BOOK HOTEL ROOMS AS OF YET UNTIL WE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT WE HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE MEET. We will know this by January 9th.
- NWISC CHAMPIONSHIPS @ Michigan City HS
- We really need EVERY swimmer to sign up and attend this season ending championship meet.
- Deadline to register, either commit, decline, or adjust, is Friday, January 24th
- This meet is open to ALL of our club swimmers and ENCOURAGED for all
- Once the deadline passes, no additions or deletions will be made…..please sign up now if you intend on having your swimmer swim and DO NOT MISS the registration
- Starting this season the championship is slightly different in that swimmers can swim up to 5 individual events and 1 relay or 4 individual events and 2 relays. This was done to give all the swimmers more opportunities to achieve Divisional or State championship cuts to continue their seasons.
- Please try to attend as there is only one session for each age group and not multiple sessions or days.
- We will need volunteer timers for each session. We need to provide two each session. If you would to help with a front row seat, please denote that in the “Notes” section at the time of registering your swimmer. Please let me know how many timers you can help with and the names, so that I can provide that to the meet host.
- CPSC “Leapin’ to Your Cuts” Time
Trial @ Crown Point High School
- This meet is open to ALL of our club swimmers
- The intent of this meet is for last second opportunity for swimmers who are close to achieving either the Divisional or State Championship cuts.
- For a time trial, there will be a sign up and swimmers will be allowed to choose what they swim at this meet. Entries will be limited to USA Swimming regulations for Time Trials.
- As soon as the meet information is available, an email will be sent out to all members.
- REMINDER FOR THOSE WISHING TO TEST INTO THE GOLD & PLATINUM
TRAINING GROUPS AT THE END OF THE SEAON…..
- In order for the staff to allow the swimmers who wish to test into the next level groups, swimmers must have maintained a minimum of 65% attendance by the end of the season, prior to the testing days, in order to be allowed to test.
- Testing days will be Friday, February 7, and Wednesday, February 12, during the regularly scheduled practices.
- The stands will be closed to ALL parents (even those whose swimmers are not testing) during these two testing days so as not to add additional pressure on the swimmers. Parents will be welcome to sit and wait in the hallway for the swimmers to pick up after practices.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!!
- UPCOMING…… Week of January
- Faith Choi – 12 – 1/5
- Kayliyah Deshields – 11 – 1/8
- Jonathan Letcher – 11- 1/6
- Chris Priestas – 10 – 1/5
- Week of January 12th-18th
- Paetyn Biancotti – 11 – 1/17
- Owen Mayhew – 9 – 1/14
- Theodore Roberts – 10 – 1/13
- UPCOMING…… Week of January 5th-11th