March 21, 2020
We hope you are doing well in this stressful time. We are heartbroken for our community and any who are afraid or will be affected financially by job loss or changes in the past few days or the days to come. A lot is uncertain. That goes for our team well.
As with the rest of the world, all our events are put on hold for now. As we do not know how long the shelter in place will last, we will have to be flexible in making our plans for events leading up to and including the season.
We have a lot to celebrate and look forward to in the coming season! And the board is hopeful that we will be able to gather at the pool this summer after all this is behind us. However, we do have to address the possibility that it may not look like what we expect. It might be a short season, delayed season, limits on swimmers etc. What we do know now is that we will not be in water by May 18. As we wait for guidance from the state and local governments, we are working through several scenarios to ensure a season. We have been in touch with the village and the conference, and we will communicate with you as updates happen and whether there may be any restrictions in place. For now, registration is still open and we hope you will make plans to join us!
As for registration fees, the board wants you to know that when you register, you can hold off payments until we know more. We understand there may be extenuating financial circumstances for some, and we will be flexible in working with all our families to keep the team together at the pool this summer.
Please stay safe and healthy during this time. Feel free to contact the board with any questions in the meantime.
Sara and the Trails Board