August 13, 2020
First of all I would like to thank everyone for their patients as we have been trying to work out all of the issues regarding opening a summer swim program this year. I am excited to say that LCN will be one of the only teams in the MAC that will have access to a pool at this time. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in the POOL!
The plan presently is to open at Summerset Swim Club which is located at 18525 Masonic in Fraser (between Kelly and Groesbeck). This pool, when it was built was constructed as an Olympic size pool. Unfortunately, it is not Olympic size and it is not set up for a competitive swim team. The pool is 50 feet by 75 feet (yes, that means it is 25 yards long), but it has no backstroke flags, no black lines on the bottom of the pool and no manor in which to secure lane ropes. I have figured a method in which to use backstroke flags and secure lane ropes and I am in the process of manufacturing everything.
My goal is to be able to start swimming on Monday, August 17, 2020. But I am going to emphasize a few points:
1. Please make sure that everyone reads the attached documents and understands that the rules will be STICKILY ENFORCED. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. The attached document " SUMMER SESSION PROTOCOL" must be completed DAILY prior to a swimmer being admitted into the pool area.
2. All swimmers MUST be registered on the LCNSWIM.COM website. If a swimmer is not presently registered they can go to www.lcnswim.com and register. There are very strict rules and registration will only be open until Saturday, August 16, 2020. I am limited on how many people I can have in the pool area at a time and this will be done on a first come, first serve basis. Practice times will be assigned based on ability and these times MUST be stickily followed! Registration will reopen if it is determined there is enough room in the pool.
4. I will be looking for volunteers to do the temperature checks as swimmers enter the pool. I believe that any parent that wishes to volunteer to do this. Please see the attached documents as the LCN Swim will be following the same guidelines as have been established for MOST.
A few additional points of emphases:
1. The INITIAL registration will OPEN, Thursday, August 13 and close Saturday, August 16. This is to provide me with the opportunity to set swimmers in their appropriate time slot and lane assignments..
2. There will be two practice groups. SWIMMERS CAN ONLY ATTEND DURING THEIR ASSIGNED SESSION! Any LCN girl that has been swimming with MOST will be swimming at the same time they have during the past 4 weeks. Any swimmer that is just beginning there season will be swimming from 9:45 am - 11:00 am. Any swimmers that arrive late to practice will NOT be permitted to enter once temperature checks are completed.
The first group of swimmers will practice from 8:00 am - 9:30 am, these swimmers must arrive at the pool at 7:45. The second group will practice from 9:45 am until 11:00 am, these swimmers must arrive at the pool at 9:40. These are the approximate times I am planning to use. Please remember everyone MUST follow the social distancing protocol. We also must have time to disinfect between groups of swimmers.
3. Any swimmer that joins the LCN swim team will be required to pay "Pay to Play" fee for the district. I am planning on running three weeks starting on Monday, August 17 and ending Thursday, September 3. Practices will be Monday - Friday weather permitting. There will be NO make-up days offered.
4. Bathrooms are for emergency use only. Swimmers will arrive and leave in their swimsuits.