November 2, 2011
(photo: fresh strawberries, yogurt, applejuice, kiwis and banana blended)
- Eating the right types of foods is like filling a gas tank on a car. The better the fuel the better the car runs.
- Consuming carbs within 30 minutes of workout is crucial! If you wait the tank is not filled completely to the top.
- Carbohydrates are the only fuel for the Brain and Central Nervous System
- 70 % of children skip breakfast
- Proteins - build and repair
- Fats insulate and cushion...are a fuel source
- To burn fats you need to consume carbohydrates
- Vitamens - "Turns on the System" Makes the body more efficient
- If you want an edge in competitive swimming…..NUTRITION
- Tired? Maybe not enough fluids in your system? When a radiator in a car does not have any water…the car will not work!
- “Show up to practice with a full tank”
1. Tridents always eat breakfast
2. Tridents drink water through out the day
3. Tridents eat nutritious snacks before practice
4. Tridents eat at home more often (Not restaurants)
5. Tridents never show up for practice or a swim meet with an empty tank
Is all about diegestion
1 hour before stick to liquids
2 hours before light foods...muffins toast
3 hours before full meal.
If you are more nervous eat less foods.... nervousness slows digestion.....