January 15, 2021
Bolles January Meet Information
Friday – Sunday 1/15-1/17, 2021
7400 San Jose Blvd
MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIME IN THE FACILITY. FAILURE TO WEAR A MASK AND DISTANCE IN THE BLEACHERS WILL CAUSE DISQUALIFICATION OF NEXT EVENT AND CONTINUED FAILURE WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE MEET.
NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED INSIDE THE FACILITY PERIMITER GATE.
READ THE FULL COVID GUIDELINES AT THE END OF THIS EMAIL
SWIMMERS AND FAMILIES MUST RUN A PREMEET COVID CHECK BEFORE ARRIVING TO THE FACILITY. TAKE A TEMPERATURE AND CHECK FOR SYMPTOMS BEFORE ARRIVING TO THE FACILITY.
The ultimate goal of this meet is to NOT mix interaction between the two teams other than in the 8 lane competition course during a race.
It is going to be COLD for this meet. Bring extra socks, warm ups, towels, etc. Parkas and shoes are a MUST! Even with cold temperatures, social distance must be kept through the meet in the bleacher section. Bring warmth for YOU.
All Loggerhead Swimmers are to enter in the smaller side entrance gate between the pool and softball field (see diagram below) that is on the Scoreboard side of the pool.
Loggerhead has been assigned the area directly behind the scoreboard as their designated team area. All swimmers will be in this area the entirety of the meet unless racing, using the restroom, or directed differently by an official or coach. Bolles will set up tents over this area to assist with any weather issue, but it might not be a bad idea to have an extra tent in the car in case (if you are a driver).
Warm Ups and Heat Sheets and Attire
No Technical Suits for this meet. All swimmers electing to wear a cap MUST wear a Loggerhead team cap. BE ON TIME FOR WARM UPS.
WHOLE MEET HEAT SHEET
(all others click the session)
Friday PM Senior Session – 4:30pm Lanes
Saturday AM Senior Session – 8:25am Lanes 14-19 BLUE SHIRTS
Saturday PM Senior Session – 3:40pm Lanes 14-19 BLUE SHIRTS
Sunday AM 11-14 Session – 8:25am Lanes 10-19 GREEN SHIRTS
Sunday 10&Under Session – 12:15 Lanes 10-19 GREEN SHIRTS
Sunday PM 11-14 Session – 3:40pm Lanes 10-19 GREEN SHIRTS
During the meet, the 4-5 Lanes adjacent to the Scoreboard are the Loggerhead WarmUp/WarmDown assigned lanes
DUAL MEET COVID POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- No person should report to the facility if they are experiencing COVID19 symptoms, have been recently (last 14 days) diagnosed with COVID19, or have recently (last 14 days) been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID19.
- Spectators will NOT be allowed in the facility they may watch from the parking spaces adjacent to the facility.
- Any person entering the facility will be screened at the door (Visiting teams will screen competitors).
- Anyone inside the facility or on campus needs to wear a mask.
- Swimmers will be assigned a bleacher section. They are to keep belongings at that spot and return to that spot when not competing or warming up/down. They may cheer from the bleachers, anytime they are in the bleachers they need to keep a mask on.
- Swimmers should plan to arrive and depart in their competition suits; restrooms are for using the restroom only and have limited capacity. All swimmers using the restroom need to have a mask on.
- Please follow the attached diagrams for instructions on how to move about the facility to warm up/down and report to the blocks for a race.
BOLLES ATHLETES, COACHES, OFFICIALS
- All Coaches, Athletes, Officials, Volunteers will check in at
the facility entrance.
- Wearing a Mask
- Record Name / Receive a Temperature Scan / Respond to Screening Questions
- Use Hand Sanitizer (or be directed to restroom to wash hands)
- Athletes will be directed to an assigned space within the facility.
- Athletes and volunteers should stay in their assigned area or
at their assigned bleacher spot unless using the restroom, racing,
or until directed by an official (timers)
VISITOR ATHLETES, COACHES, TIMERS
- The visiting team will be responsible for organizing pre-event screenings and check ins either before arriving to the facility or at the entrance to the facility.
- Visiting athletes will NOT be permitted to the facility prior
to a coach arriving.
All visiting team personnel should remain in their designated bleacher areas and lanes during the event.
- Prior to the session starting, coaches will direct athletes to designated lanes for a coach directed warm up session.
- During the session athletes may warm up in designated warm up lanes. There can be no more than 4 swimmers to a lane and warm up duration is limited to 10 minutes.
- Swimmers will report behind the blocks only when the previous heat has been started and swimmers have cleared the block area.
- Swimmers should wait for timers to step away from the pool and
swimmers in the water to exit the pool and clear the before
entering the blocks area..
- Fly over starts will be used to minimize the number of persons behind the blocks, athletes should exit the pool after the next heat is started (or before in a backstroke race). (Relay swimmers should exit the pool and immediately move back to the ready area or into the warm up pool.
- Following warm down swimmers should return directly to their
bleacher area, put on a mask and remain socially distant.
- Athlete Bathrooms are for using the restroom only, not changing into or out of racing suits (unless there is an emergency).
- Bathrooms may be limited to a specified number of people at any time.
- Anyone using the restroom must be wearing a mask.
- Adult Bathrooms are in the Bent Center (Gym Building). McGehee
Auditorium, or Stadium
TIMERS / VOLUNTEERS
- Only volunteers signed up to attend the meet will be permitted to enter. There is a limited number of volunteer positions and we will not be able to accommodate more than necessary.
- Volunteers should check in at the facility at 15 minutes prior to the start of the meet. They will be screened and directed to an area to wait further instruction. We ask that all volunteers always wear a mask in the facility.
- Timers/Volunteers may step to the edge of the pool to view a race finish then move away from the pool to record times. They are asked to be mindful of keeping 6 feet of separation whenever possible.
DROP OFF, PICK UP, PARKING
- Swimmers should arrive to the facility at the appointed time. Parking is available near the entrance to the pool.
- Parents are not permitted to walk on campus, they may view the meet from outside of the facility.
- If a parent needs access to their swimmer, they may call a coach or reach the Bolles Swimming admin office at 904-256-5213.