June 15, 2021
I've been getting a lot of quesitons surrounding the upcoming swim meet. I'm going to try to answer them all here, and hopefully not create more questions in the process:
- The meet on Saturday 6/19 is not a USA Swimming sanctioned meet. Any times recorded at the meet will not count towards Junior Olympics qualification, or any other USA Swimming meet qualification.
- The events we are swimming are more along the lines of a typical summer Wave meet, with a few additions and a slightly different order of events.
- There will be relays.
- I gave the option to have parents sign up for 2 events so that I would know your swimmer's preferences. At a minimum, swimmers will compete in 3 individual races, and hopefully a relay as well.
- If time allows, Phase 2 swimmers may be allowed to swim in more than 3 events so that they can get their baseline times in as many events as we can provide them.
- Times that were recorded during the 6/12 swim meet will be updated as soon as I get the results file and can load the new times to your accounts.
- USA Swimming has a strict list of events that they allow per age group. For non-USA meets like this one, we can use any event list we want. The events we're swimming this weekend were agreed upon by our coaches and the Davis coaches.
- This meet is open to all of our swimmers, and Davis will bring all of their swimmers.
Davis has requested to submit their entries to us on Friday, so I will not have the complete meet put together until Friday evening.
Our meet registration will close on Thursday at 4:00 PM. Please declare attending or declined by then.
A pre-meet timeline and expectations email will be sent out after the registration closes.
Plan on arriving around 7:15 am, and we should be done no later that 2:00 pm.