June 14, 2021 - Surfside Board Meeting Minutes
June 15, 2021
Surfside Board Meeting Minutes
June 14, 2021
- Call to Order
- President’s Report – Case Spencer
- Case will send an email to the members indicating that beginning Monday, June 21st all swimmers will be billed $14 per workout. He will also let the members know that Surfside plans to go back to quarterly billing as soon as the hours for the Mira Costa pool stabilizes.
- Head Coach Issues – John York
- Katie Stone is starting tomorrow and will be coaching at the Redondo pool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She may also help with the Monday beach workouts this summer.
- John hopes to hear from the City of Manhattan Beach this week about Surfside’s hours. Currently, Surfside has the Mira Costa pool on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 6:00-7:00pm (max 48 swimmers per night).
- Surfside has a commitment to use the Redondo pool through August 14th. Practices will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:15-8:15pm. B & C Squads will swim 6:15-7:15pm. A & Senior Squads will swim 7:15-8:15pm. Surfside has six lanes and can have four swimmers in each lane (max 24 swimmers per workout x 2 = 48 swimmers per night).
- Treasurer – David McDaniel
- Surfside is draining over $3,000 from our account each month. Surfside would like to return to quarterly dues so that we can know how much money is coming in each month.
- Monthly salary for Katie Stone will be $500 per month. If she helps with the Monday beach workouts, her salary will increase.
- Membership - Michelle Brill & Kelley Mayeda
- Kelley will send an email to the 38 members who have suspended accounts. They will be invited back to active status immediately.
- Surfside currently has 150-200 people on the waitlist. We hope to have tryouts soon.
- Meet/sign up coordinator – Elisa Nye
- Surfside will continue to have the weekly sign up/reservation system for both pools.
- Secretary - Eileen Brown
- Nothing new.
- New Business
- Next meeting: Monday, June 21, 2021
- Meeting Adjourned.