June 16, 2021
Dear Cheshire Swimming Family:
The first few weeks of practice have been a great success – and we are rolling with the punches as they come at us – weather and change in pool times – thank you for your understanding as we make adjustments to the practice schedule.
As we start the season, here are few Flying Fish reminders:
· ALL SWIMMERS ARE TO HAVE GOGGLES AT PRACTICE AND SWIM MEETS – NO SCUBA MASKS · CAPS ARE ENCOURAGED FOR ALL SWIMMERS TO WEAR – GIRLS AND BOYS ~ THOSE WITH LONG HAIR THAT CHOOSE NOT TO WEAR A CAP, MUST HAVE THEIR HAIR SECURED AND OUT OF THEIR FACE
· STARTING JUNE 21 ST – ALL SWIMMERS ARE TO HAVE FINS (specific types of fins are posted under NEWS on the team website: www.swimflyingfish.com.) Available to purchase – AQUAWEAR (located in VA Beach), AMAZON, & SWIMOUTLET.COM
· TEAM SUITS ARE NOT TO BE WORN AT PRACTICE
· PLEASE REGISTER YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER WITH THE TEAM WEBSITE TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS OF CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES DUE TO WEATHER
- Swim Meet Sign OUT ALL SWIMMERS WILL BE ENTERED IN EACH SWIM MEET UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN SIGNED OUT OF THE MEET ONLINE -- SELECT DECLINE ON THE TEAM WEBSITE BY 10:00 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING PRIOR TO THE SATURDAY MEET. In case of an emergency (last minute illness or other unforeseen event) please call, text or e-mail Coach Manon Romash – (757)439-0338 (cell) or [email protected] Please do not assume the message has been received unless you receive a confirmation reply.
- Swim Meet Reminders
1. Team Uniform is to be worn at meets – TEAM SUIT AND TEAM CAP are the only acceptable items to be worn for competition. If our team caps don’t arrive before the first meet, then you may wear a different cap—but if your cap has logos, you need to wear it inside out.
2. During meets, parents are responsible for their swimmers. Swimmers are to remain off of the play areas and out of the baby pool during the meet.
3. ALL swimmers are to stay for the duration of the swim meet. Swimmers will be allowed to leave at the completion of event #69. (Just like a football, basketball, or soccer game – half the team does not get to leave at halftime while their team mates finish the game.)
4. Don’t forget to bring a black medium sharpie, chairs, pop up tent if you have one, water bottles, sunscreen and bug spray.
Let’s Go Flying Fish!!