July 20, 2021
We cannot wait to cheer on Drew Kibler and Jake Mitchell as they represent Team USA at the Olympic Games! We want to ensure you and your family have all of the information to tune in and support Drew, Jake, and the entire US team as they compete in the coming days.
In order to celebrate the Olympic spirit, we'll gather once more on Midtown Plaza to watch the games as a team. The city is trying to share as much Olympics coverage on the big screen as possible, and is definitely committed to airing the finals session of swimimng on Saturday, July 24 in the evening. We realize this is the weekend of Age Group State, but any athlete, family, alumni, or fan who is not competing and can join us is encouraged to attend! Olympic coverage will start at 8 PM that evening, with the swimming finals session set to begin at 9:30. Gather around 8, claim a prime spot, and let Team USA hear you across 6,450 miles!
If you cannot join us Saturday evening, we want to share all of the broadcast details so you can tune in throughout the Olympic Games and especially to support Jake and Drew. Prelims are scheduled to start daily at 6 AM with finals to begin at 9:30 PM. Every session will be livestreamed on the NBC Olympics site. Finals will be part of the primetime coverage on WTHR, and prelims will also be shown live/delayed on a few channels. Please see the details below.
Jake Mitchell - 400 Freestyle
Prelims of the 400 Freestyle will take place at approximately 6:46 AM on Saturday, July 24.
- NBC Olympics Livestream Link: https://stream.nbcolympics.com/swimming-session-1-heats
- Prelims will be shown live on the USA Network starting at 6 AM and delayed coverage will be shown on WTHR beginning at 9 AM.
- The top eight performers from the preliminary session of the 400 FR will compete in finals starting at 9:52 PM. This event will be shown as part of WTHR's primetime coverage.
Drew Kibler - 800 Freestyle Relay
Prelims of the 800 Freestyle Relay will take place at approximately 7:15 AM on Tuesday, July 27.
- NBC Olympics Livestream Link: https://stream.nbcolympics.com/swimming-session-7-heats
- Prelims will be shown live on the USA Network starting at 6 AM and delayed coverage will be shown on WTHR beginning at 12 PM.
- The top eight relay teams from the preliminary session will compete in finals of the 800 Freestyle Relay starting at 11:26 PM. This event will be shown as part of WTHR's primetime coverage.