Board Meeting Minutes - August 9, 2021
September 18, 2021
Surfside Board Meeting Minutes
August 9, 2021
- Call to Order
- The July 12, 2021 minutes were approved as submitted.
- President’s Report – Case Spencer
- The Redondo pool is confirmed through August. Elisa will take over future scheduling responsibilities.
- The board members are completing background checks and athlete protection policy review, if not previously completed.
- Case will send out a copy of the bylaws to the board members to review.
- The board and coaches are continuing to seek out additional training resources from SafeSport in the area of athlete protection for discussion and implementation.
- The Surfside Code of Conduct (that each parent signs when their child joins the team) states that the first time there are discipline issues the coach will talk with the swimmer. The second time, the coach will speak with the swimmer’s parent. The third offense will result in removal from the team.
- The board has two open positions – Volunteer Coordinator and Meet Coordinator.
- Head Coach Issues – John York
- Absent. John was coaching during the meeting.
- Vice President – Elisa Nye
- Sign-ups for workouts are no longer necessary. Currently, there is room for all swimmers.
- There will be a family beach picnic on August 23rd 6-7pm. Because of Covid, families will bring their own dinners. Elisa will send out an email soon.
- Treasurer – Sandra Ota
- Absent. Previous obligation.
- Sandra recently met with David and Case at Wells Fargo. She is ready to take over the team’s Treasurer responsibilities.
- Membership – Michelle Brill & Kelley Mayeda
- Recent tryouts resulted in 14 new swimmers added to the team.
- Two more tryouts are scheduled – August 20th and September 3rd.
- There will be another tryout or two towards the end of 2021.
- Kayo Libiana was approved to join the board as the Membership Coordinator beginning October 1, 2021. She will be training under Kelley through the end of 2021, when Kayo will take over permanently.
- Eileen was approved to take on the responsibilities as Assistant Membership Coordinator and will be assisting Kayo with tryouts, etc. She will be training under Michelle. Eileen will also continue as the Secretary.
- Michelle is going to provide the information she has on Booster/Board type of insurance to Case.
- Secretary - Eileen Brown
- Nothing new.
- New Business
- The board approved requiring the coaches to always wear masks while on the pool deck and to follow appropriate social distancing guidelines.