September 14, 2010
Welcome to this week's informational mailer. Please read below for all VJO related news.
This Wednesday 15 September, VJO will be hosting its first Parent Education Night (P.E.N.) of the 2010-2011 swim season [ event page & R.S.V.P.]. We ask that each family send at least one parent, as we will be discussing important dates for the upcoming year, using the team's new website, and voting on Board Members for the 2010-2011 Season. The presentation will start at 6:30 p.m. in Portable #707, located right next to the pool, and will go no later than 7:30 p.m. There will be child care available for the duration in the adjacent portable. The practice schedule is below:
- Seniors -- 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Age Group -- 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Makos (Lesley) -- 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Hammerheads (Tuffy) -- 5:15-6:15 p.m.
Important: Cunningham will have a Pool Closure next week, starting Monday 20 September. The pool must be upgraded to comply with a new state law. Our team will be practicing at James Lemos Pool in Benicia for those five days. The practice schedule is below; click here to view the Event Page on our website with full information.
- Seniors -- 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Age Group -- 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Makos (Lesley) -- 5:45-7:00 p.m. only
- Hammerheads (Tuffy) -- 5:45-7:00 p.m. only
Meet Entries: Marin's October C/B/A+ Meet (Oct.
entries / meet
sheet] & Napa Valley's November C/B/A+ Meet
(Nov. 5-7) [online entries
meet sheet] are still available for
sign-up. Please sign-up if you have not done so
already. These are "team meets", and as such, all swimmers
are asked and expected to enter and compete. (They are also great
team-building activities and a lot of fun!!) Please
let your Coach knows if you have any questions.
Our annual Awards Banquet [ event page] will be held on Saturday 25 September. The event will start at 5:00 p.m., dress will be semi-formal/business casual (i.e. not shorts or jeans), and will be held at Dance Unlimited. Please check out the event page for all the details.
Important upcoming dates:
- September 15: Parent Education Night (P.E.N.)
- September 20-24: Special Practice Schedule & Location--Lemos Pool in Benicia
- September 25: Awards Banquet
- October 9-10: Marin C/B/A+
- October 29: Halloween Party
- November 5-7: Napa Valley C/B/A+ [online entries / meet sheet]
- November 11: Veteran's Day--No Practice, All Groups
- November 26: SF Zoo Trip
Thanks for your time...and GO SHARKS!!!
Aaron Jon Toch
Vallejo Aquatic Club Coach
o. (707) 553-7946 (SWIM)
c. (707) 373-8701