June 18, 2012
Swim Session 2 Signups Now Open!
To register, please visit our website at https://www.teamunify.com/SwimLessons.jsp?team=recssslmhst
Session 2: June 25 through July 6
We offer all levels of lessons ranging from the students just
learning to become comfortable in the water to the swimmers who are
racing aside Michael Phelps.
Group lessons occur between 10 and noon, while semi &private
lessons occur between noon and 1pm.
Car Wash Ticket Fundraiser
Get your car washed, and raise funds for the Marine Hills Splash
Park project! Car wash tickets are now on sale in the pool office
for $8/ticket. The tickets are good for attended car washes
throughout the region, including Elephant Car Wash locations,
Sprague Avenue Car Wash in Tacoma, Classy Chassis Car Wash in
Lakewood/Tacoma, and many others! Buy as you go, or stock up on
tickets to last you all year! The tickets make a great addition to
birthday cards, and they never expire!
Get your tickets today, and help Marine Hills reach our fundraising goals for our new Splash Park!
Member BBQ and Country Time Lemonade Day/Ice Cream Social
Sunday, June 24, 5:00pm-8:00pm
What better way to celebrate the end of school and the quiet before swim meets start than with a casual member BBQ and Country Time Lemonade Day/ Ice Cream Social?
MHRA families, bring whatever you would like to put on the barbeque for dinner, and if you’d like, a favorite lemon dessert to share. The pool will supply your lemonade, ice cream and cupcakes!!! Let this be the kick-off to an amazing summer where we can all socialize and relax together before the hustle and bustle of swim team begins!
If you have a lemon treat you would like to contribute, please email Mary Shultz at email@example.com.
We can't wait to see you there!!
Reminder: Marine Hills Garage Sale Coming June 29th and
It's time to clean out drawers, closets, garages, sheds, attics, etc.! The Marine Hills Annual Garage Sale is coming up on Friday, June 29th and Saturday, June 30th! Bring your gently used items to the pool, and help us raise funds to benefit your club! Here are some important things you need to know about donating items:
- Donation drop off will be on Thursday, June 28th all day. There will be a staff member or volunteer at the pool to receive your donations. You may also drop off your items on Friday, June 29th before 9:00 am.
- In order to help us organize the sale, please pre-sort your items (i.e.: household goods, clothing, toys, electronics, tools, books, etc.) into clearly labeled bags or boxes. Please do not mix item types. When you arrive to drop off your donations, please put them in the designated area for each item type. This will help tremendously in the set up time for the sale.
- Please consider helping out in one of the following ways:
1) accepting donations at the pool on Thursday the 28th
2) setting up between 7-9 am on Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th
3) helping with the sale from 9-3 on Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th
4) helping with tear-down and delivery of remaining items to charity after 3pm on Saturday the 30th
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org you have questions, or if you would like to help out.