November 1, 2012
SAC Updates 11.1.12
* Practice Thursday, November 1 is regular time for all groups.
* No practice Friday, November 2 due to home football game.
* Swimmers heading to Penn State for this weekend's Nittany Lion USA Invite will receive a separate email with meet updates, psych sheets, timeline, etc. Did you call the Ramada Inn to confirm your hotel room for the weekend?
* Just a reminder that spirit wear orders are due to the Saylor folder by Thursday the 9th. Orders forms were mailed out last week and are on the bulletin board. Please pay attention to the description and the extra costs for embroidery and names as well as XXL+ sizes. Contact Melissa Saylor at [email protected] with any questions or see her at the pool.
* The deadline to register for the Aqua Fest Invite at Cumberland Valley is today, November 1. We currently have 36 swimmers set to compete! Great turnout so far! You may enter using our online entry system on the web site.
* Blue and White meet will be Wednesday, November 14. This intrasquad meet is a great preview of "What to expect at a swim meet" and is a very fun event for our swimmers. Time frame is 5:30-8:15pm. Online entry confirmation is used on our web site.
* We've had some issues with overcrowding in a couple of our practice groups which has caused some traffic jams for kids working their way up and down the pool. I am looking at some possibilities to help alleviate this congestion. It's important that, despite our tremendous growth, we continue to offer a safe training environment with advantageous swimmer to coach ratios. We are working to remedy this ASAP and will communicate any adjustments accordingly.
* For high school swimmers, we do have open pool time from 3-5pm for those interested in joining the high school team. SAC kids in high school are grouped and use the White/Varsity workout during this time. Feel free to contact me with questions about the high school swimming and diving teams if you are interested!
Thanks and enjoy the rest of your week!