November 12, 2012
* Thank you to all of our veterans! I'm sure I speak for all SAC members in voicing our appreciation for your service!!!
* No practice tonight, Monday, November 11. Practice resumes on Tuesday at regular times.
* Blue and White meet will be Wednesday, November 14. We will warm-up promptly at 5:30 and the meet will begin at 6pm. It should conclude by 8:15pm. I will be sending out a separate email with more details on this event, including team rosters, order of race events, volunteering, etc. In the meantime, please check your account to make sure you have signed up for this meet if you plan to participate.
* CV Aqua Fest will be this Saturday, November 17. We will meet at the Cumberland Valley pool at 7:45am. We will begin warm-ups at 8am and the meet will start at 9am. Estimated time line has the final event concluding around 1:30pm. Psych sheets are listed below.
* We had another tremendous weekend of racing at the WSY Thanksgiving USA meet. 14 swimmers combined to post 42 new personal bests out of 51 possible swims. Congrats to Rachel Connor, Makenna Morris, Morgan Goodhart, Rachel Nye, Matt Buck, Alby Lear, Katie Carbuagh, Hannah Saylor, Sarah Saylor, Caleb Eveland, Joseph Facchinei, Madelyn Facchinei, Audrey Ambrosio, Anna Ambrosio, Teddi Powell, Bree Wright, and Abby Hinkle on their success!
In addition to time improvements, a number of swimmers competed in longer races for the first time. Swimming their first ever 500 free were Makenna Morris and Sarah Saylor. 400 IMs were swum by Matt Buck, Alby Lear, Katie Carbaugh, and Hannah Saylor. Bree Wright competed in her first 200 back and Katie Carbaugh in her first 200 fly. 200 IMs were swum by Madelyn Facchinei, Sarah Saylor, Anna Ambrosio, Audrey Ambrosio, and Abby Hinkle.
500 free swimmers Caleb Eveland and Teddi Powell had monster swims, with each dropping over 30 seconds from their previous best time. Great job, Ship swimmers!!!
* A number of race videos from the WSY USA meet are on our YouTube channel. Coach voice notes will be synced for each race in Session 1, 2, and 5 by 8pm tonight for each participant to review.
* Our first league dual meet will be held on Saturday, December 1 at Red Land High School. Information for this meet is posted in our events section. Please sign up using our online meet registration with a yes/no commitment.
* Naylor Invitational: This is another excellent meet invite for our swimmers to gain additional racing experience. It's also for a good cause as the meet is held in memory of a swimmer killed in an accident and proceeds benefit a scholarship fund in his name. Meet info packet is available in the events section. We never received an electronic file from the meet host, so please submit a yes/no commitment. In the notes column, let me know how many individual events you'd like your swimmer to compete in, and also type "yes relays" if you'd like to be added to relay teams (if we have the numbers in each age group to do so).
* Varsity swimming and diving practice begins on Friday, November 16 for Shippensburg High School students. Practice will run 3-5:30 on that day for swimming and 4-5:30pm for diving. Open Pool times this week for high schoolers will be 3-5pm Tue, Wed, and Thu.
* Reminder: Officials clinic is tonight from 6-8pm at Big Spring High School for those who have signed up!
Thanks and get ready for a night of racing at the Blue & White meet!!!