December 8, 2012
Such an exciting ending to a very busy Semester 1 with the AquaDragons!
The Dragon Dash #2 saw 152 swimmers from our team competing against the clock to attain the Yellow, Blue or Gold time standards set by Coach Jenny. Stickers were awarded and placed on certificates for the standards that were attained.
Congratulations to all swimmers! There were 261 New Times achieved as well as 175 Personal Best (PB) swims (68%).
Immediately following the Dragon Dash, lunch was served in the PIE Cafeteria followed by an Awards Celebration. The Coaches Arif, Berman, Hamzah, Indra, Kim, Max, Renni, Rina and Rohim were thanked with personalized AquaDragon towels and chocolates. Swimmers were called to accept the awards they achieved this Semester in the 25m Dash, 50m Dash and 100m Dash. Yellow (and Blue) Award Ribbons were presented if all the yellow (and blue) times on the certificate were achieved. A Gold Medal along with the completed Certificate was presented if all the Gold times were achieved. For Results please scroll to “Achievements,” then “Dragon Dash Awards.” We still have a number of awards in our office that have yet to be collected.
Thank you to ALL parents who volunteered their time at this meet. We could not hold meets without your help! Hope you enjoyed seeing the meet from a poolside perspective.
Special thanks to:
- Tuty Bergin for organizing the lovely decorations for our Awards Celebration,
- Imelda Tanoyo for creating our Memories of Semester One Photo Presentation,
- Cathy Begg for coordinating the volunteers, preparing the certificates in advance and for coordinating the awards at the meet,
- Jane Altemen for lending us her lovely, soothing voice as announcer,
- Seamus O’Hanlon for always being available to work our scoreboard.