February 19, 2013
* As of 12 noon today, practice is still on for this evening.
* With our taper in full swing for this weekend's championships, White and Blue 2 will be done early this week. Blue 2 will be done at 7:30 tonight, 7:15 tomorrow, 7:00 Thursday, and 6:45 Friday. White will be done at 7:00 tonight, 6:45 tomorrow, 6:30 Thursday, and 6:15 on Friday.
* Change in time for the PM session of Divisionals: Due to timeline issues, the afternoon 11 & over session start time is being pushed back. SHIP will meet at 12:45pm for attendance and warm-ups with a 2:10pm meet start. The morning session remains the same.
* Divisional entries were emailed out to everyone Sunday night.
* All-Star Championship: Will be Sunday, February 24 at CV. Swimmers in the top 16 individual and top 8 relay events from the three COMBINED divisional meets will qualify for All-Stars. The list of qualifiers from SHIP will be posted Saturday evening after 7pm on the website, email, facebook, twitter, and text messaging for those who signed up for those notifications. Qualifying athletes MUST confirm with Coach Jeff that they have received the notification Saturday evening.
* Keep spreading the word about swim lessons! We also have yard signs that we'd like families to take and place around town and in your neighborhoods. Just sign out the signs at the pool and note the location you will place them! All lesson registrations are completed online through our web site.
* We've got some SHIP swimmers earning spots in some very prestigious meets locally, regionally, and nationally. To date, here are the meets and our qualifiers:
Junior Olympics: Julia Strine (50 Breast, 100 breast, 100 IM), Makenna Morris (100 back, 200 IM, 100 free, 200 free, 500 free), Lek Powell (50, 100, 200, 500 free; 50, 100 back; 100 breast; 100, 200 IM), Quinn Slattery (50, 100 free; 100 breast).
Middle Atlantic Senior Championships: Rachel Nye (50, 100 free), Devon Slattery (100 breast), 400 free relay, 800 free relay, 400 medley relay (Nye, Slattery, Morgan Goodhart, Maggie Morehouse)
Speedo Super Sectionals: Rachel Nye (50 free)
PA District III Swimming Championships (high school): Rachel Nye (50, 100 free), Maggie Morehouse (200, 500 free), Morgan Goodhart (200 IM, 100 fly), Devon Slattery (200 IM, 100 breast), Agusta Gray (500 free, 100 back), 200 medley relay, 200 free relay, 400 free relay.