February 27, 2013
Dear New LVST
On behalf of the Lucas Valley Swim Team, we would like to extend a warm welcome to you and your family. We are so excited to have you join us at Lucas Valley this year!
We have a Buddy Family program, and your Buddy Family will be contacting you soon to welcome you and answer any questions you may have about the team, meets, social events, etc.
Meanwhile, here are a couple of reminders:
- Practice times starting March 4th:
- 8 & unders 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. – less experienced swimmers
- 8 & unders 4:00 to 4:45 p.m. – more experienced swimmers
- 9 - 11 year olds 4:45 to 5:45 p.m.
- 12 and ups 5:45 to 7:15 p.m.
bring: a suit (one piece for girls and jammers or
speedo-style suit as opposed to board shorts for boys usually work
best), goggles, cap (for those with long hair) and towel. Any
sporting goods store i.e. Big 5, T&B, Sports Basement, etc is a
good source for merchandise.
- 8 &u assessments: Coach Jack sent an email on 2/27 regarding 1st day of practice. Here's the info in case you did not receive it: http://www.lvst.org/NewsShow.jsp?&id=233023&team=recmrlvl
- Team suits: T&B Sports will be on deck on March 4th with team suit order forms and merchandise. Team suits/apparel may also be purchased from the T&B Sports located at 1345 4th St. San Rafael as well.
- New Family
Volunteer Sign Ups starting on March 4th
- One of the perks of being a new family is that Volunteer Sign Up are available a week earlier to you than to returning families. So please be sure to take advantage of this time to secure the positions that work best for you and your family. Descriptions are listed on the LVST.org website. Also, your Buddy Family can offer you further suggestions.
- Friday, March 22nd: Bingo Night: Come meet your fellow swim team families, eat pizza, play Bingo and win some prizes! Join in on the fun! More info to follow...
Again, Welcome to LVST! Looking forward to seeing you on deck!