May 20, 2013
* Practice this week runs Monday-Friday with Group 1 & 2 from 6-7pm and Group 3 & 4 from 7-8:30pm.
* Our first dual meet is Saturday, June 1 @ Central York. We have adjusted the timeline. Swimmers will meet at Central Yorl at 8:15am for warm-ups. The meet will begin at 9am and should conclude before 12 noon. Sign up for this meet using our online registration. Visit the Events page and click the "Attend/Decline" button under the Central York meet. The deadline to register is next Wednesday, May 29.
* I will be running an informal "time trial" for new swimmers next Wednesday, May 29, at 6pm. I'll be covering all of the basic racing rules, meet procedures, and then simulate a couple races so that new members may get an early feel for what goes into a swim meet. I'll also email out an "Everything you need to know about swim meets" article with next week's updates.
* High school swimmers: the NCAA recruiting workshop is next Tuesday, May 28 at 6pm. Swimmers and parents are welcome to attend this session.
* Unfortunately, USA meets June 14-16 and at Penn State at the end of June have closed and we will be unable to compete. Championship meet entries will remain open until the deadline. Families interested in the North Baltimore meet...please submit your entries by this Wednesday, May 22 at 8pm. I want to send in early to avoid premature closeout dates. I am waiting to hear back from a meet at UMBC on June 23. If they are still open I will email details as soon as I have them.
* Swimmer filming and video feedback will be taking place beginning June 3. We will film all strokes, starts, and turns, then review with the swimmer within the following week.
Have a great week and see you at the pool!