June 3, 2013
* Congrats to our swimmers on a great first meet against a tough Central York team. We had a number of swimmers competing in new age groups, racing new events, and joining friends in strong relay performances. Congrats as well to Josh Connor, Kim Braet, Emelie Nonemaker, Aspyn Keetch, and Haven Ulmer on competing in their very first swim meet! Results are uploaded into your family accounts, and a copy of the full meet results are attached to the weekly email.
* I want to thank all the families in attendance Saturday for three things that might not seem like a big deal, but had a positive impact on club at Saturday's meet. First, thank you to everyone for arriving promptly. I believe this was the first time in my 10+ years of coaching that we had everyone present at the requested time. It made getting announcements to the team about warm-ups, relays, lane assignments, etc very smooth for me. As a result, we were set on our end or the meet without any hiccups...which is fantastic, especially at a first meet.
Secondly, thank you volunteers for filling in so many vital roles that enable our meets, home or away, run smoothly and efficiently. Your commitment and effort is greatly appreciated!
Lastly, I spoke with a parent of one of our new members this morning who had their first swim meet experience Saturday. This parent had nothing but high praise for how well our kids interact and embrace each other as members of a team, what great role models our older swimmers are for the younger/newer swimmers, and how our "veteran" parents were quick to welcome new parents into our swim family and help them learn some of the jargon that comes with swim meets. This is what it's all about! Providing an acitivity that helps our children to grow emotionally, socially, and athletically and in an environment where we are all working so well together to make this club the very best it can be for our members.
* Practices continue this week with our evening hours. These will continue through next Tuesday night. Beginning next Wednesday, we will move to the morning practice times of 8-10am for Groups 3 & 4 and 10-11am for Groups 1 & 2. Also, Friday practices will be held at Shippensburg University after the school year ends.
* I will begin stroke filming for the swimmers in groups 1 & 2 tonight and groups 3 & 4 tomorrow night. I'll be filming over the next 10 practices so as swimmers attend we will keep roll of who we have filmed. After we complete filming, the coaches will meet individually with each swimmer to provide feedback of their video.
* An email with Carlisle Invitational details should have arrived for everyone this morning. Please review the event page and meet packet for this awesome team event that we are the 3-time defending champions of. Be sure to get signed up!!!
* Swim School staff may visit the summer availability link to submit their work preferences for our summer lessons. Please be sure to do this by Monday, June 10. Classes will begin the following Monday, June 17!
Some notes from the Board of Directors:
Gear bucks event has been extended. Last season we raised almost $500 for out team to buy pool equipment. Please continue to visit the site and help us reach our goal. For every dollar spent at the online store, our team receives 11%!!!
Team Suits have arrived. If you placed an order, please see a Board member at the pool. Our team suit order will apply to our Gear Bucks goal! Thank you for your support!!!
Billing invoices went out in email on 6/1/13. Please check your email to verify that you received it. Before contacting the Treasurer, check you online account to verify that your email is correct. See Angie Facchinei with any questions.
* Thanks and have a great week!!!