July 8, 2013
Wow! What a busy week for our team! Here are some weekly updates for everyone:
* Congrats to our swimmers for winning the Carlisle Invitational Team High Point for the 4th consecutive year! Ship racked up 629 points to claim the title, with Trojan Aquatics placing 2nd overall with 291.5 points. We also had three individual high point award winners, as Jillian Strine (8 & U girls), Lek Powell (9-10 boys), and Rachel Nye (15 & O girls) took their respective age group's top honors.
* We just kept on rolling this past Saturday with an impressive 592-378 victory over Cumberland Valley. We spoke to the kids this morning about how impressive they were in swimming aggressively, giving their best to the finish of every race, and once again cheering each other on to success. A number of swimmers moved up into older age groups and competed admirably with personal best times and placing out of their usual age group. I personally believe this was the strongest we've looked in a dual meet, and the noticeable improvements across the board are allowing us to "peak" at the right time as a club!
* I've attached official meet results from the CV dual and Carlisle Invite. Both meets have been uploaded to your accounts as well.
* Practices run at their regular times this week. Friday, we are again at SU for practice.
* Our next dual meet will be this Saturday, July 13 against Big Spring. Originally, this was scheduled to be held at SU. Due to a scheduled campus-wide power outage, we are looking to shift the meet to the high school. Once I have confirmation on the location I will forward it on to everyone. Swimmers will need to be dressed and on deck for warm-ups by 7:45am. The online registration portal will be open through Wednesday night. Another SHIP victory will finish our dual meets with a 4-1 record and 2nd place finish in our first year at the AA level!!!
* The postseason is right around the corner. The Divisional Championship meet will be held on Saturday, July 20 at Big Spring High School. SHIP will need to be there by 6:45am for check-in. We will warm-up at 7am with a meet start time of 11:30am. I anticipate the meet concluding by 12:30pm. Similar to dual meets, simply log in to the event and select the Attend/Decline button to register. The deadline to register is Friday, July 12 at 8:00pm. To be eligible, swimmers must have competed in 3 of our Saturday dual meets. Also, by registering, you are committing to swimming in Divisionals, All-Stars, and Mid-Caps, if your swimmer qualifies.
* A volunteer sign up for Divisionals will be done using our website. I should have this signup open by 8pm tonight. For each half of the meet, we'll need 3 timers, 2 officials, and a seeder. Please sign up to help out, as our meet entries are not accepted without a completed volunteer submission. The deadline to volunteer is also this Friday at 8pm.
* I've attached the divisional t-shirt design. If you would like to pre-order a t-shirt, simply reply to this email with your swimmer name and size. Shirts are $15 each and your account will be billed. Please send me your pre-orders by Wednesday at 9am.
* All-Stars will be held Sunday, July 21 at Central York High School. To qualify for All-Stars, the indiviual event champion at Divisionals will automatically advance. Then, from the combined 4 division meets, the next 12 fastest swims will also qualify. The top 8 relays in each age group from the 4 combined Divisional meets advance to All-Stars as well. I will email, text, facebook, and post to our web site the All-Star qualifiers around 6pm after Divisionals.
* Mid-Caps is a dual meet between the west shore all-stars and east shore all-stars. To qualify for Mid-Caps, the top 8 individuals and top 4 relays from the All-Star meet advance. I'll have more on Mid-Caps next week!
* Private lessons with Coach Jeff at SU may be scheduled here for early afternoon and evening appointments.
* The monthly meeting of the Shippensburg Aquatic Club Board of Directors will be tomorrow, Tuesday, July 9 at 7pm in the high school lobby area. A copy of the agenda is listed below. We will also be discussing an intriguing new winter swim league that SHIP has been offered membership in. All members of the aquatic club are welcome and encouraged to attend!
SAC agenda July
Ways and means
Any other committee reports
Winter schedule and rates for team and swim school
Order medals $1.99 each is best price I found
Registration for fall
Divisional t shirts order
Sign up genius email isn't coming to everyone