July 28, 2013
Dual Meet Season Wrap Up
What a great season!
Undefeated. 7 – 0.
We had our largest team ever – 269 swimmers. Many new faces and even a few who came back after a year or two off!
Thanks to everybody for pitching in and helping to organize our meets. Age group parents, timers, clerk helpers, officials, and the data crew – without you this would have not been possible. Thanks also to the Aqua Club staff for assisting with meet setup and clean up.
We have an amazing 108 qualifiers for Boys and Girls Prelims!
Good luck to you all, and remember to enjoy the ride.
We do need volunteers at these away meets. Log in to the job sign-up page to sign up to time or help herd children. Stoke and Turn officials should check in with Mary Beth Davis to see which meets you would like to work.
Monday - Girls Prelims @ View Ridge
Warm up: 3:15 – 3:30
Traffic Alert from View Ridge
· The City has blocked southbound traffic on Sand Point way from 95th to 77th.
· If you come south on Lake City Way, turn left (east) on 95th, right (south) on 35th, left (east) on 70th, left (north) on Sand Point Way.
· If you come south on the Freeway, take the 80th exit, go east over the freeway, take the first right. Follow, through a 4-way stop, to 75th. Take 75th to 35th. Turn right (south), turn left (east) on 70th. Turn left (north) on Sand Point Way.
· Before you get to the pool, you might consider turning into Magnuson Park and finding a parking place. It’s a short walk to the pool.
Tuesday - Boys Prelims @ Innis Arden
Warm up: 2:40 – 3:00
Thursday - Northern Division Finals @ Aqua Club!
Warm up: 2:30 – 2:45
Aqua Club will provide dinner, snacks and drinks for the coaches and officials. Snacks and drinks will be provided for the timers. Donations of the following items are gladly accepted. Please reply to Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org to donate something off the list. Thank you!
• 2 cases of Gatorade
• 2 cases of water
• 1 tub of red vines
• 2 Costco bags of trail mix
• 1 large bag of tootsie roll/tootsie pop mix
• 8 dozen cookies/brownies
• 10 bags of ice
• large coolers (to borrow)
Baked Goods??? Should AC sell baked goods at Northerns? Can families donate treats to sell? We need one or two volunteers to coordinate this. Contact Patti at email@example.com if you are willing to organize the bake sale.
Food for Sale @ Prelims
Tablas: Greek salads, gyros, hotdogs and more
Jet City Pizza: $2 per slice--cheese, pepperoni, or Hawaiian
Crazy Tacos: assorted Mexican food from the "Blue Ridge" taco truck
Tropical Tundras Snow Cones
Congratulations to our graduating seniors! We will miss you.
Hope to see you at the banquet!
Donna Van Hollebeke
Team Gear, Tye-Die Shirts, etc.
If you ordered any Aqua Club gear or personalized tye-die shirts, remember to come by the office to pick up your items!
BTW, look for undefeated t-shirt orders next week.