September 9, 2013
* Our modified practice schedule continues this week:
Push-Off: Wed 6:30-7:30
Group 1: T/Th 6:30-7:30
Group 2/3: M/W/F 6:30-7:30
Group 4: M/T/Th/F 6:30-8:00
Group 5: M-F 6:30-8:00
Middle school/high school swimmers may swim 3-4:30 M-F
* We had a terrific first week of practice! It's great to have our returning swimmers back in the pool, and our many new faces have stepped right in and done an outstanding job with their efforts!
* Entry information for meets in October and November are beginning to be posted and emailed to families. Meet info may be found under the "Events" section of our website. I have attached a copy of our meet schedule with each meet labeled as they apply to each of our practice groups. Our local dual meets will be established in the next couple weeks and will be posted as they are confirmed. If you have questions about a specific meet or just general meet questions feel free to contact me.
* The "A/B/Cs" of swimming achievement standards - Attached is a copy of the USA Swimming Motivational Time Standards. Most of our meets this season will be swum in short course yards (pg 2). This guide gives swimmers a picture of times to shoot for in each event as they move up the ranks of their age group. Each age group begins at the "C" level and, as swimmers grow and improve, they work their way up to B, BB, A, AA levels and so on. We do have scheduled championship meets at season's end so that all of our swimmers may compete against other swimmers of similar age, experience, and ability.
We will be developing charts at the pool that the swimmers will be able to add their times and achievements to throughout the season. These achievements include swimming an event for the first time, recording a new personal best time, achieving a new time standard "A/B/C", along with others.
* Our next SAC Board of Directors meeting will be tomorrow, Tuesday, September 10 at 7pm at the high school. The monthly meetings are open to all SAC family members to attend, listen to business matters being conducted, and to provide program input.
* Our team swim suit fittings will be :
Mon & Tues (Sept 9th & 10th) and Mon & Tues (Sept 16th & 17th).
**If you are in the Push Group we will offer suit fittings for that group on Wednesdays (see Angie Facchini that night).
Please be prepared to arrive ½ hour before practice.
Much easier to be dry for suit fittings. Remember team suits
are not a team requirement. Also, if you have a suit that
doesn’t fit your child from a previous season we will offer
you to post the suit size and price on the bulletin board outside
girls locker room.
The cost of suits with our SAC logo:
Girls Duralast Elite: $55.00 (2 strap types offered)
Boy Jammers: $40.00
We also have personalized caps:
Latex - $2.00 per cap / $3.00 per name (minimal order 2) = $10.00
Silicone - $6.00 per cap / $3.00 per name (minimal order 2) = $18.00
Payment can be added to your team unify billing or you can choose to pay by check that night.
**I’m also looking for helpers for any nights indicated about
hour and ½. Please email me if you can assist with suit
fittings and plan on arriving at 5:45pm.
* Before October billing is generated, each family should login to your account to verify that you are currently enrolled in the payment option you chose during registration. Verify that your remaining balance due is reflective of your remaining balance after $50 registration. Please send an email with any questions to Angie Facchinei, SAC Treasurer at [email protected] No changes can be made to billing preferences after Sept. 29th at midnight.